How about ANOTHER brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
Did me a little 6lb flat today on the stumps.

Coated with my rub and injected. I made a few modifications on the rub and I think it will be a keeper for the coming season!!

Hey Beaux looks good. Now will that Stumps cook a flat nekked or do it take a little of that New England Crutcha..aka tinfoil? Inquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff :oops:

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Hey Beaux looks good. Now will that Stumps cook a flat nekked or do it take a little of that New England Crutcha..aka tinfoil? Inquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff :oops:

bigwheel

Yes it will. BUT, you better be watching the temp of the meat and tenderness and catch it just in time for wrapping and resting. I ran this one to 175(1.5 plateau) then put in a roasting pan on a rack with liquid in the bottom. Pulled and double wrapped with foil to rest. Last comp I went to 193 nekkid and then wrapped and had the same results.

Briskets are briskets. I was going to go no foil all the way on this one but it started to bow up like a cut worm and that told me it may still be tough when it reached temp and dry out.

I got a couple of big packers froze that I prefer for comps but there are only two of us here so a small flat it was.

I made a video of the Stumps in action today so if you like I will post.

Back
Top Bottom