Look what I got today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will like those casings, I using them right now (taking a cold one break). I stuffed 10#s brats almost on one casing. It must have come from a 12 foot long hog.
Have fun.

Bill,

I couldn't tell but did they print the directions right on the bag on what you're suppose to do with them? That's handy.

I used a trick to flush casing out yesterday. I took the stuffing horn and slide about 2" of casing on it. Then let cold water run into the horn holding it with one hand. This left the other hand free to work the kinks out.
When ready to stuff, rub some of the meat mixture on the horn to make it greasy and easy to side the casings onto.

Rag said:
I used a trick to flush casing out yesterday. I took the stuffing horn and slide about 2" of casing on it. Then let cold water run into the horn holding it with one hand. This left the other hand free to work the kinks out.
When ready to stuff, rub some of the meat mixture on the horn to make it greasy and easy to side the casings onto.

Bigwheel's idea works great. Soak the casing in white vinegar the night before and it will be so slick it will slide off that horn like semen slides off his gold tooth! I always do it like that now and it does work.

brian j said:
dang that's alot of casings. how long do they last? i'm still looking for a local supplier and may have found one in front royal.
They say if you keep it refrigerated in the salt that it came in it should last indefintly. I had it last a year so far with no problems.

JamesB said:
Cool! I'm going to check the suasage maker out... My only complaint about the natural hog guts I have been getting locally, has been that they vary in length from about 3 to 4 feet each... too much reloading the stuffing tube!

James.

James, couldn't you just load a few pieces on the tube?

Glad to see you got some guts Bill :LOL: Recall vividly the first big hank of them brine salted guts I got...was like dealing with a giant pot of sphaghetti. By the time I got em all tangled up looked like a skit of the 3 Stooges trying to hang wallpaper. I take them little dry salt home packs any old day. The short pieces dont bother me none. Much easier to handle for old retarded folks :oops:

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom