Christmas Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I cooked a 4 bone rib roast @ 200* in the oven until the internal temp hit 118*, removed and tented in foil unitl the internal temp hit 130* then I unfoiled and returned to a 500* oven for 10 minutes. Removed and let rest for 30 minutes then sliced. We also had roasted baby red potatoes, brussel sprouts and beans. I made an au jus that consisted of defatted pan drippings, 1 cup of merlot and 1 cup of water reduced by half.

Larry Wolfe said:
I cooked a 4 bone rib roast @ 200* in the oven until the internal temp hit 118*, removed and tented in foil unitl the internal temp hit 130* then I unfoiled and returned to a 500* oven for 10 minutes. Removed and let rest for 30 minutes then sliced. We also had roasted baby red potatoes, brussel sprouts and beans. I mad an au jus that consisted of defatted pan drippings, 1 cup of merlot and 1 cup of water reduced by half.

Great looking meal Larry! You seem to have mastered that reverse sear thingy! :D No need to be mad at the au jus, just use it as you need! :LOL:

WoW, that's amazing!!!.. I always wanted to make that.. Great job brotha!!! :D

Larry Wolfe said:
I cooked a 4 bone rib roast @ 200* in the oven until the internal temp hit 118*, removed and tented in foil unitl the internal temp hit 130* then I unfoiled and returned to a 500* oven for 10 minutes. Removed and let rest for 30 minutes then sliced. We also had roasted baby red potatoes, brussel sprouts and beans. I made an au jus that consisted of defatted pan drippings, 1 cup of merlot and 1 cup of water reduced by half.

Excellent job Larry! Just out of curioustiy though, wouldn't it have been easier to use a half of cup of water than to reduce the water by half? :LOL:

Did the flavor of the water intentsify any? :LOL:

Just messing with you Bud! Great job!

Thanks guys!

JamesB said:
Looks like good eats! Did ya do anything special to them taters or just roast em...Gonna make some tonight...

I soaked them in a little Zesty Italian dressing, drained and seasoned with kosher salt and pepper and baked at 400* until tender.

James.

007bond-jb said:
That looks real good Larry. What did you put on the sprouts & veg medly?

Butter and salt and pepper.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom