What'dya get ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
So, how'd everybody do ? I got a flipper that has a serated edge on one side and a grill cleaner on the other. It also has a bottle opener cut into it, but the best feature of all...it has a built in headlight !!!! I also got a boombox setup for my Sirius radio, a 12volt warmer mug for the car, fishing pole caddy, a few movies, some clothes and a fryingpan...what did you guys get ?

nice Cliff

I got the thrill of having friends with little kids who let me come over today to share their joy, and the opportunity to cook for someone
who was suffering their first Christmas without a loved one, and
finally got to go over and see friends who are dear to me..and the
I got to talk with friends who are also dear to me.....that would be you.

Merry Christmas

My son talked me into what I thought would be a major project but turned out to be quite easy and enjoyable.

He talked me into building what he called a supercomputer. In reality it was a gaming computer. We got all the parts online from a place called Tiger Direct. The parts arrived two days before Christmas. My son and his friend stayed up all night putting the system together installing the software, downloading and updating the latest drivers and everything is now working flawlessly.

The following are the highlights of the system:

1. Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 Ghz Q6600 Processor
2. Asus Maximus Formula SE X38 Socket 775 Motherboard
3. EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked Edition Video Card PCIe 2.0
4. THERMALTAKE Big Water 760i Liquid Cooling System
5. 4 GB RAM
6. 2 150 GB 10,000 RPM Hard Drives

I was a little apprehensive at first about having a liquid cooling system in the computer but my fears have been put to rest. In the end we were able to build this computer using all top of the line name brand components and saved ourselves at least a couple of thousand dollars (probably more). This computer is incredibly fast with no lag playing online video games. Thanks to a couple of teenagers, my son Dan and his friend Kevin who gave me a crash course in the latest in computer component technology.

Well you certainly can't ask for a better Christmas than that Captain! I'm sure that will be a Christmas remembered for life by those kids. Merry Christmas back at you and everyone on this board.

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":j8gaza49]WOW Dallas, that thing must SCREAM!! :shock:

It does Chris, but I'd trade it in a second to you if you could get that remote control to work! :LOL:[/quote:j8gaza49]
:cry: That will never happen. :cry: :LOL:

I got both military sons home along with my DIL my other 3 daughters and all 5 grand kids. Full house mod.

I also got a Thermapen a few CDs and some new jammys for the wife. ;)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. My kitchen made out very well this year. Yay!!

A set of GreenPans came early, Dutch oven and 9.5 inch skillet that share a lid, 11 inch square grill pan, and a 2 quart saucepan with lid
Calphalon One 12 inch Chef's Pan (infused hard anodized)
Wolfgang Puck Electric Griddle/Grill
Sunbeam utensils and holder
6 Qt Rival Crockpot
Patricia Cornwell's BOOK OF THE DEAD Hardback edition
New pajamas
Apron with a lighthouse picture on it

Congrats to everyone and their families.

I got some cool BBQ books 4 of them and a couple of BBQ dvds.
Grillopoly (I kid you not this is monopoly for grill and BBQ people)
Gift cards (to buy what I really want tomorrow)
27 " LCD HDTV (Dad gave this to me this year but i know it is really for my electronic freak hubby)
New HDTV DVD player (see above notes)
and something I really wanted was a donation made to Unicef to feed hungry children. It was on my wish list.

Tomorrow I go out with my bff's and we hit the stores for all of the things we really wanted that we did not get.

It was a hard day for me to get through.

Made dinner for family and friends. It was ok.

No pics and I am sorry i know the rules.

Hope everyone enjoys their time with their families.

I am glad this Christmas is over.

Well lets see, I got a really sweet kitchen cart on wheels to hold all my Q stuff, a cutting board that'll outlive me, sausage grinder, sausage stuffer - thats all the Q stuff. ALso picked up the usual clothes, and a kickass back massager thing to put in the big truck ... 5 massage motors, and heat.. very nice!!

Glad everybody had a wonderful day, and made it thru safe and sound!

I got a rock.

I got some stuff for myself early, a Canon Powershot A570IS, and a R0DE NT1-A condenser mic. Yesterday, I got a signed Kevin Harvick print (w/ cert), a #29 flag, a winter survival set for the car, a game called Modern Warfare, and some underwear (I'll post pics of me modeling them later).

Back
Top Bottom