Bunny Rabbits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

txpgapro

Sous Chef
Anyone smoked rabbit before? I've got a chance to get a half dozen real cheap. I'm thinking just treat it like any other meat, but didn't know if anyone had a special rub or formula.

I'm not sure, but aren't they pretty lean? I'd put 'em on a spit and grill 'em! :(

Ya know?... I was just thinkin', there's about 5 or 6 of them rascals that live out by our shed...I don't think the wifey an' kids would notice if 1 or 2 disappeared... :(

I like them grilled but I like the smoked meat too. You can marinate them in an oil-based marinade first (they take to fresh herbs, garlic, citrus juices, red or white wines very well) or you can do the drape with bacon thing. They are quite lean. I wouldn't recommend going past 160 internal. They do not take very long since they're small. You can also smoke for a short period--say, 30 min to an hour--then use the meat in something else, like a fricassee or a gumbo.

I usually just grill like a chicken leg. I like them better than
chicken actually. Just be careful not to get `em too try.
Need a fairly strong rub to kill of the game. BBQ sauce
for sure. I`d hop all over it.

Holy Smokes. I never thought about smoked or grilled rabbit. I love bunnies fried just like you would a chicken. Now that I think about it it should be great grilled. This is a quantum leap for me.

You guys talking about wild rabbits that you go out and kill, right? Or, you talking the fat rabbits frozen at the meat store.

Griff

Rabbit sounded like a good idea so I baked a pie so my neighbor wouldn't make the connection between his missing rabbits and my food. Afterwards I felt bad so I gave him half.....

Scotty - You have entirely way too much free time. Where did you find that website? I don't think I'll take those rabbits after all.

Back
Top Bottom