Food Network cancels Emeril Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
NYTimes
December 17, 2007
Changing Courses at the Food Network
By ELIZABETH JENSEN
You can find chef Emeril Lagasse’s name and face all over a dozen cookbooks, 10 restaurants, lines of pots and pans, knives, Wedgwood dishes, spices, salad dressings and pasta sauces, and even a deep fryer.

But as of last week, it will no longer be found on new episodes of his signature “Emeril Liveâ€

If you have ever tried one of Emerals recipes, You'll need at least 25 or so ingrediants. I have been given some of his books & never use em.
I would rather watch Bugs Bunny or Tom & Jerry than Food Network.

I'm sure he is laughing all the way to the bank!!!!!

Asta Emeril!!!!

SSGT

I was never a fan of "Emeril Live", but I do like his other show "Essence of Emeril" or the shows with Julia Child. Emeril made the Food Network what it is today! The "Bam" though is about as annoying as "PAY ATTENTION BOY"! :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
I was never a fan of "Emeril Live", but I do like his other show "Essence of Emeril" or the shows with Julia Child. Emeril made the Food Network what it is today! The "Bam" though is about as annoying as "PAY ATTENTION BOY"! :roll:

I hear ya!

Larry Wolfe said:

WOWWWWWWWWWW :shock:

I noticed they mentioned the ratings have dropped during the day. Have they not stopped to think that it's usually all re-runs? I'm home all day most weekdays and would occasionally turn it on, with the exception of "Essence of Emeril", the other afternoon shows would be repeats from the previous day's 3:30-7 pm slots. Who wants to watch that over and over? I'm so sick of nasally Rachel Ray on at all times of the day and Sandra Lee. I'd really like to see some serious chefs and not just the "Walmart crowd" as Mario put it. lol I mean, yeah, I do a lot of my shopping at Walmart so would fit the bill I guess but I am a serious cook and want to learn more, not just how to open cans and boxes!

I miss Mario.

But as for Emeril his recipes are fine but too many ingredients.

I have used and tried many many of INAs recipes and they are always solid. (EXcept for her coconut macaroons they sucked)

I live on the food network and rarely watch anything else.

It is also usually on in the background when I can get the remote away from the kids and the cartoons.

The best two shows anymore on the FN are "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" and "Guys Big Bite"! That dude rocks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom