Seafoods GumBo-uillon from Here-Greek Texan Style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
The same as before but different.. You know what I mean...It tasted good as usual... Thanks for the help Ken...BTW.. the specks in the roux are black pepper.. It didn't burn!!!!

:D

:shock:

oompappy said:
Yep, looks real good!
I ALWAYS put okra in the seafood gumbo.
What else you got in there?
I got okra, trinity, oysters,catfish,shrimp, and some buffarilo spice...oh, i did add a few green onions too.. I'm eatin a bowl now... Better the next day.... :D

Looks like a courtbouillon, (fish soup) Fish isn't used in gumbo thats sold here in restaurants or on most full blooded cajun family tables.
You will allways find any combo of these meats:
(normaly 2 sometimes 3 meats)
crab, shrimp, ersters, chicken, sausage, gator, duck.
Deer thats not Q'ed or made into sausage would be done sauce piquant style, turtle too but also turtle soup & stew. I'm not tryin to start an argument cause you could put anything you want in a gumbo. Certain combos accentuate the flavors of each other more without making the flavor too complex, Like chicken & sausage & duck & sausage for example.
You allready have Umami with the roux & trinity.

That's cool ole boy.. I couldn't get any crabs so I tried some catfish.. Hey, I'm a GT and don't know better.. :shock: It tasted good though.. I guess when I want courtboullion I can just make gumbo..cause when I make courtboulion it doesn't come out right... ;)

Back
Top Bottom