Wittdogs Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
We’ve got a few snowflakes in the air..and I’m off this weekend..the first in two weeks…I’ve got a almost 8lb flat on the WSM today…I injected it last night with an injection I’m working on and hit it with some of my Brisket Rub…..Tomorrow its Pork..Pulled got 4 butts to go on the WSM…and 2 Butts to grind and mix with some venison..for Big Jims.

Got orders for the Butts.....and when I asked D what he wanted to eat for his birthday...he wanted a "BBQ combo"... his words...brisket pork ribs sausage and a fattie....

wittdog said:
Got orders for the Butts.....and when I asked D what he wanted to eat for his birthday...he wanted a "BBQ combo"... his words...brisket pork ribs sausage and a fattie....

Whatta dad, Dave!!! Nice uniforrm brisket BOY!!

Brisket is done…

Little Bit O Sauce

And it’s time for a little bit of a rest in Plastic Film….not Saran Wrap..thank you Mr.Kirk…
The pics don’t do this brisket justice…it was very moist…that injection worked well….good flavor and retained a good deal of the fat like I wanted.

wittdog said:

Your Q? 8)

Dave, put it in a zip lock bag and get it into a pot of cold water. Either change the water frequently or let the facet keep a slow drip into the pot. It should defrost in no time at all.

Chicken, Homemade Polish Sausage, and some fatties…

Sausage is done…Chicken is flipped and the fatties are getting close…those are for Bfast tomorrow.

I hit it hard with the cherry wood…..hows that for a smoke ring?

WSM is still humming along with the butts.

WOW!
3.gif

nice stuff Dogger.
Gonna start grinding some pork, shortly, for polish sausage. I will have cure in it, so what temp profile should I run in the smoker?
Happy Birthday D :D :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom