First Andouille

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rag1

Executive Chef
Made my first andouille sausage yesterday. The pics show:
1. Mounted a based on the stuffer. Used African Mahogany with oiled finish and rubber feet.
2. Had trouble finding a drying spot so I used a boat oar across the pickup bed.
3. Used the warmer part of the Lang to smoke. Used some dowels as hangers. Need to make shorter meats and fashion metal hangers for the main cook chamber.
4. The bike was sitting there, so I had to include a shot of my ride.
5. Something went wrong on the grinder. The square shaft that holds the cutter blade backed out of the auger which put force on the plate that broke under the force. That's an stainless alloy 3/8" thick plate that shattered. The dollar shows scale. This grinder could grind up cars.

The dooy turned out perfect. The flavor was as good as what even JB would find down in La.

http://usera.imagecave.com/Rag/andouille/

Puff said:
I can't believe that plate broke like that :shock:
Nice scoot 8)

Guess the pork was tough. LOL..No, the auger has a threaded hole to accept the pin that the cutter blade rides on. This pin runs out through the plate and sticks out side. I'm guessing I hit the reverse switch position and that pin was loose. In reverse the pin backed out and the square drive shoulders for the cutter blade bound up against the plate. That was not going to slow down 1 1/2 hp.
A good reminder to keep the fingers out of it.

Back
Top Bottom