Could use a little advice and no time to practice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Why not do them in the WSM and reheating them on the gasser? Thats what I do for street vending and some catering.

Butts is mighty to mess up. As long as you can keep the temp twixt 240 and 300 you should be just fine. When doing pushed pork I like to wrap half the butts at about 170 internal with a splash of apple cider and continueth to cook till around 200 then throw em in the hot box. I cook the other half nekked to about the same terminal temp..wrap them and throw them in the hot box too. Let em swelter and get happy for at least a coupla hours. When it comes time to push and pull mix em up 50/50. That give you a good combo of Mr. Brown and Miz White. Picked up that trick from a world famous pushed pork cooker. Forget who it was right now but seems like it was a yankee of some sort.

bigwheel

You may want to foil them a little on the early side. That will help with keeping the bottom of the butts from burning, I'd also flip them after foiling. I do allot of butts direct on my big pit (no water pan) but there is 18 inches from the fire to the grate. Good luck. My 0.2

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom