Smoking Jacket For The WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use an old fire turn out coat. Just make sure you take the inside pocket out first. :oops: They have a tendancy to melt to the WSM. I have 4. If I would have known I would have brought one up for you. Most volunteer FD have an attic with some old gear. Check with them.

Pigs loving the WSM huh.............Good for you.......Dam I'm having a hard time bitting my toungue :? :LOL:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Google came up with nouthing. I know joker has one, any one know where to order one?
Thanks.

What happened to the one I gave you last weekend? :?:

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":2abkasjh]Google came up with nouthing. I know joker has one, any one know where to order one?
Thanks.

What happened to the one I gave you last weekend? :?:[/quote:2abkasjh]
Some buds saw it and wanted one. I aint giving it up, no way! I have got some guys around here to buy a WSM and after poker night (ykes) they wanted one. Thanks Dallas! Get well and hope to see you soon!

How does it breathe? :shock:

G_800-2002-001.jpg

Is there an opening for the top vent to vent from? What's the rectangular thing at the bottom?

--John 8)
(I'm just full of questions. ;) )

I'm not sure about the breathing thing. The rectangular thing at the bottom is a Guru. Personally, I've been smoking in a WSM in Alaskan winters for four years and don't see the need for the jacket. Just my $.02.

Griff said:
I'm not sure about the breathing thing. The rectangular thing at the bottom is a Guru. Personally, I've been smoking in a WSM in Alaskan winters for four years and don't see the need for the jacket. Just my $.02.

So what is the egg being used for? ;) :roll:

DATsBBQ said:
Griff said:

Good point Dats. I use the egg for beer can chicken, pizza, paella and when I want a hot sear on meat. The egg is super for poultry. It can get the skin crispy and still have juicy meat. I haven't done any overnight or real long cooks on the egg yet.

Griff said:
DATsBBQ said:
Griff said:

Good point Dats. I use the egg for beer can chicken, pizza, paella and when I want a hot sear on meat. The egg is super for poultry. It can get the skin crispy and still have juicy meat. I haven't done any overnight or real long cooks on the egg yet.

Ah my friend you are missing the best point of the ceramic. Properly loaded with a small amount of lump you can get a 12 hr+ burn with temps at 250* +/- 5 degrees without having to baby sit the fire. And they love snow. ;)

DATsBBQ said:
Ah my friend you are missing the best point of the ceramic. Properly loaded with a small amount of lump you can get a 12 hr+ burn with temps at 250* +/- 5 degrees without having to baby sit the fire. And they love snow. ;)

Question, when doing a brisket or pork butt, do you put a drip pan between the meat and the lump, or let the drippings go into the fire?

Try knocking the bottom out of a 55 gallon barrell and inverting it over the top allowing it to set on a few bricks along the bottom edge. Leave the product and air hole open...or if you find a barrell with a removeable top just set it over there upside down and drill a few holes around the top edge. That give you a nice insulated pit and a place to store it when you aint using it. Aggie pal does this trick with an ECB and say he been using the same one for 30 years. Cooks overnight like a champ..blizzards and hurricanes dont bother it etc.

bigwheel

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Google came up with nouthing. I know joker has one, any one know where to order one?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom