New business opportunity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jminion1

Sous Chef
I have a chance to take over a landmark meat market that specializes in sausage. Death in family is the reason, the price is right and they will take payments.

The sausage has won many awards over the years and does have a loyal following. There is room to continue the catering business.

Will talk with the boss and see if she would be on board.

Jim

Let me know when you start taking applications for employees. Good luck with it Jim!!!!!!

what's the market like? Is the market area big on sausage?
If it's profitable now, consider it, but I'd be leery of trying to turn
around a bad business.

The market has been around for a lot of years, as long as I can remember. It is a family problem that is causing the sale. I would not change the name and all the recipes that have been being produced go with the sale. There are additions I would make the product line and I would continue the catering business I have already started.

The sale is not because the store doesn't have the business it has to do with family members don't have an interest in continuing in the footsteps that grandpa started years ago.

I need to see the books and talk to business owners in the area. There are going to be two highrise buildings going in near by and there is a school in the complex that are asking for a lunch menu.

Having T-bones in the case is not going to be the bulk of the business it will be the smokehouse that will drives it.

Still have to go through the books and talk lease with the owner of the mall.

There is enough equipment to cover the purchase price of the business and a large following that doesn't want the business to disappear.

Jim

Thats great Jim. Sounds like
HondaGuy_thmb.jpg
is knocking on your door.

Hope it works out Jim. Lot of long grueling hours and not much time off on those deals sometimes. Don't wind up buying yourself a job. In general being self employed is a giant pain in the coola. I tried it one time and realized it aint for me. Guess it depends on a person's personality type as to whether they want to pay the price to make it work. I am a fat lazy boy who like to go home at 4 PM and them weekends off sure is nice. Payday is my favorite day of the week and I dont have to do the math or worry about digging up the money to make it happen. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

bigwheel

Bigwheel
Thanks for the advise, I do understand what you are saying. I have been pretty much self employed most of my life. Working for someone on a commission basis is for all intents and purposes is being self employed without the tax benifits of owning the business.

Glad to see your better and home I will assume, be well my friend.

Jim

Hey Jim sounds like you got a good handle on the self employed angle. Yeppers I'm home and due to head back to the salt mine on Monday. Hope the deal works out for you.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom