ZILLA'S NEW GATOR PIT (PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a very nice pit, Zilla. I love the idea of an upright. Is yours set up with a baffle to cook/warm? Is your pit tuned? Man, I'd love to have one of those but on 2 wheels ~ 15 inchers! :(

The Joker said:
That's a very nice pit, Zilla. I love the idea of an upright. Is yours set up with a baffle to cook/warm? Is your pit tuned? Man, I'd love to have one of those but on 2 wheels ~ 15 inchers! :(

Hey Joker, The pit has 6 tuning plates and those are adjusted to regulate the temps in both the Horz. and upright. It doesn't have and adjustment on the baffle between the two compartments though.

ZILLA

Well, that sure is big! You gonna cater with that monster!!?? How many people in the family! WOW...that is a big unit! :eek:

Greg Rempe said:
Well, that sure is big! You gonna cater with that monster!!?? How many people in the family! WOW...that is a big unit! :eek:

No pro catering in the plans but cooking for my family is another thing. Wife and I have 7 kids, my wife has 11 brothers and sisters I have 4 and everyone one has kids. Add a steady stream of friends and that equals a full pit. I don't just cook meat in my cookers. I do beans, veggies, spuds, corn, all at the same time so it can get crowded in there. I also will do a fair number of wild hogs and other game this coming winter as well as some smoked Turkeys for some folks around the holidays. :D

I hope to post some cooking pics soon. I,m right in the middle of seasoning it so this weekend will be the first real cook. :!:

ZILLA

Lets see....The first thing I'm going to smoke will be.... 4 racks of spares, 2 chickens and 2 pork butts. If my son comes up from the coast I will have to double that. When he comes to visit he always brings at least one shipmate, and then there are the girlfriends, and some of his buddy's from high school, and they always know when dinner time is. :grin: Add our extended family and I'll be quite buzy. :!:

ZILLA

zilla said:
Lets see....The first thing I'm going to smoke will be.... 4 racks of spares, 2 chickens and 2 pork butts. If my son comes up from the coast I will have to double that. When he comes to visit he always brings at least one shipmate, and then there are the girlfriends, and some of his buddy's from high school, and they always know when dinner time is. :grin: Add our extended family and I'll be quite buzy. :!:

ZILLA
Sounds like you might need to hire a photographer for that event ~ I'm available!! :welcm:

Lets see Upstate New York to San Antonio, Texas Hmmm.....If ya left tomorrow driving you could be here by friday with no trouble. :grin: Any time any of you come this way I hope you rattle my cage, I would love to meet you over some fine BBQ and beer at my place. San Antonio is a GREAT!!! vacation spot! :!: Hey Joker have you posted any of your photographs on the net or this site at all?

ZILLA

zilla said:
Lets see Upstate New York to San Antonio, Texas Hmmm.....If ya left tomorrow driving you could be here by friday with no trouble. :grin: Any time any of you come this way I hope you rattle my cage, I would love to meet you over some fine BBQ and beer at my place. San Antonio is a GREAT!!! vacation spot! :!: Hey Joker have you posted any of your photographs on the net or this site at all?

ZILLA

Have you seen his avatar?

zilla said:

ZILLA
With the price of gas and the mileage of my Yukon, I’d fly for sure. Unless, I was picking up a brand new pit that is! I spent 8 weeks in SA back in the summer of ’74 ~ Did BT at Lackland and layed over 2 weeks before being bussed to Biloxi, MS. Got to see the Alamo and surrounding area while I was there (they didn’t let us out much) and I vividly remember flying over SA at 1:30 in the morning after being delayed in Atlanta for hours. Beautiful city from the air at night! I’m strictly amateur when it comes to photography but some of my stuff isn’t too bad. Some of my pics are in the Oinktoberfest thread and there are a few sunsets scattered here and there on this board from our house on the river but none on the web.

Have fun with that beautiful new pit ~ She sure is a beaut!! Here I go getting :eek:fftop: again....

Nick, stop
3.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Link, according to the captions on his pics, he has a 24"x24' firebox, 24"x40" horizontal and a 24"x24"x36" vertical on there. :(

No problemo dude, My pictures were bigger than most computer screens can see and the notes were hard to see. You just have to use you vert scroll.

ZILLA

Back
Top Bottom