You guys amaze me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
It is usually a topic of conversation amongst the BBQ Intelligencia while gathered together at the various events, as to how much BBQ you guys seem to consume during the week! I watch the "Cookin Today" And "Butts On" posts on Monday, Tuesday, .......and so on, and am staggered at some folks tolerance for BBQ! Now, I'll be the first to admit, that there is no quicker way to ruin your taste for Que than to cook 3-400 lbs of it every other week, but I cannot eat pulled pork more than every other month! I think I actually insulted ZBQ (Neil) when he brought some of his "pride and joy" up for me to taste and I told him "I'm not hungry!" (I eventually relented!) Now, I could eat ribs or chicken once a week, but butt or brisket? Nahhhhhh! How often do you eat BBQ? Me? I actually like to eat it "out" more than cooking it myself anymore because I am tired out by serving time! I guess I have started to take it for granted! Woody

I eat actual BBQ only about once or twice a month. I may do some things on the grill and put some sauce on them, but as we know that's not real "Q".

But real Q, when I fire up the WSM, once or twice a month and usually ribs.

Once or twice a month here too (average). But alot of grillin' goes on here during the warmer months!! =P~

I would have to agree with actual BBQ about once a month, brisket or pulled pork. Ribs I can do about twice a month. There's a Q place by my house that has some excellent brisket. They use a meat slicer and slice it thin. I'll pick up a .lb or so and just eat it when it sounds good. Chicken we do often, was doing pork tenderloin a lot but got tired of those. Do a lot of lettuce wraps with the chicken, nice and refreshing on a summer night.

I too get tired of eating my Q. I never get tired of cooking though. Pulled pork is one of the thing I get tired of. Brisket I could eat alot. That is porbly because I just leard how to do it right. It used to come out tuffer and not as moist. Now it is great. I get tired of smoked chicken very quickly. Grilled chicken I could eat about once a week. I dont seem to get tired of ribs though. I could eat those 1-2times in a week. Smoked sausage I could eat once a week. Now that I have my first comp coming up I have been maily cooking what I need for the comp. To try and get as much practice in as possible. After the comp I want to try and do some new things. Like beefribs, chuck, jerky, a whole porklion bones and all, hell i might even try my hand at sausage makeing. I also plan to try and cook less of stuff so there are less left overs. Like I said I love cooking Q never get tired of that. Just some things I get tired of eating.

Chris

I don't like to eat any type of "Que" that I cook all day long, that day. But day old reheated or vac sealed Que I could eat once a week or so.

wdroller said:
Woodman said:
It is usually a topic of conversation amongst the BBQ Intelligencia while gathered together at the various events, as to how much BBQ you guys seem to consume during the week! I watch the "Cookin Today" And "Butts On" posts on Monday, Tuesday, .......and so on, and am staggered at some folks tolerance for BBQ! Now, I'll be the first to admit, that there is no quicker way to ruin your taste for Que than to cook 3-400 lbs of it every other week, but I cannot eat pulled pork more than every other month! I think I actually insulted ZBQ (Neil) when he brought some of his "pride and joy" up for me to taste and I told him "I'm not hungry!" (I eventually relented!) Now, I could eat ribs or chicken once a week, but butt or brisket? Nahhhhhh! How often do you eat BBQ? Me? I actually like to eat it "out" more than cooking it myself anymore because I am tired out by serving time! I guess I have started to take it for granted! Woody

I'm sorry. Maybe you should work on your pulled pork skills. :razz: :)

I was waiting for that.......

I seem to be like most of you. I have a pulled pork sandwich once or twice a month and brisket or ribs once a month. And again like most of you, I grill two or three nights a week.

Griff

I never get sick of Q....but we tend to vary what we cook, Pulled Pork, Chicken, Ribs, Brisket, Turkey...I just think everything tastes better smoked. Most of the time I find it relaxing to be Qing and I like nothing better to smell something cooking all day and know that at the end of that work I'll be eating some good stuff.

What Woody, Bruce, and Larry said....especially Larry :!: The day after rules =P~

And Joker......lots of grillin' goin' on here too :!:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Ya know, It's pathetic to think we did a 200 pound hog last Saturday and neither Val or I had any of it! Not even a taste! The sides were great.
Now, who's fault is that?? Come on..She's cuttin' it up and you're takin' pics .. and neither of you even got a taste? :eek:

:grin: :grin: :!:

The Joker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":pkjpz8yb]Ya know, It's pathetic to think we did a 200 pound hog last Saturday and neither Val or I had any of it! Not even a taste! The sides were great.
Now, who's fault is that?? Come on..She's cuttin' it up and you're takin' pics .. and neither of you got even a taste? :eek:

:grin: :grin: :!:[/quote:pkjpz8yb]
Did you notice who was doing all the work? Val
BTW the mrs picked up 2 butts to do this week :!:

wittdog said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3rlnsebg]Ya know, It's pathetic to think we did a 200 pound hog last Saturday and neither Val or I had any of it! Not even a taste! The sides were great.
Now, who's fault is that?? Come on..She's cuttin' it up and you're takin' pics .. and neither of you got even a taste? :eek:

:grin: :grin: :!:
Did you notice who was doing all the work? Val
BTW the mrs picked up 2 butts to do this week :!:[/quote:3rlnsebg]
Yeah, I think I mentioned something about it.. :grin:

Don't be jealous because Val can cut up a hogs better than I can. It's like painting, I just don't do it right. :grin:
Jealous?? :-k

Heck yea, How many females are going to cut up a whole hog? I can think of one.Joker, ever hacked up a 200 pound hog? If not STFU. (just kidding) :D She does a great job and is into it. Lucky me :!:

Heck yea, How many females are going to cut up a whole hog? I can think of one.Joker, ever hacked up a 200 pound hog? If not STFU. (just kidding) :D She does a great job and is into it. Lucky me :!:
No, I've never cut one up and I don't think many women have and yeah, I agree, she did a great job ~ I even said so, butt, how did we get here from: Ya know, It's pathetic to think we did a 200 pound hog last Saturday and neither Val or I had any of it! Not evan a taste!?? :-k Guess I'm gettin' old . . . I need one of them walkin' sticks someone was talkin' 'bout earlier today. 8-[

Back
Top Bottom