You guys amaze me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Joker said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":25a0ywix]Heck yea, How many females are going to cut up a whole hog? I can think of one.Joker, ever hacked up a 200 pound hog? If not STFU. (just kidding) :D She does a great job and is into it. Lucky me :!:
No, I've never cut one up and I don't think many women have and yeah, I agree, she did a great job ~ I even said so, butt, how did we get here from: Ya know, It's pathetic to think we did a 200 pound hog last Saturday and neither Val or I had any of it! Not evan a taste!?? :-k Guess I'm gettin' old . . . I need one of them walkin' sticks someone was talkin' 'bout earlier today. 8-[[/quote:25a0ywix] :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Heck yea, How many females are going to cut up a whole hog?

Well, since we're braggin' about our women. My wife went moose and caribou hunting with me. (I say went because we're both 58 and don't pack out anything bigger than a mallard any more.) She helped me gut, skin, quarter, and pack 'em out. Then when we butcher it, she butchers and I wrap. It isn't a 200 pound hog, it's a 1000 pound moose or a 300 pound caribou. However, she quickly pointed out to me that she was impressed with Val doin' the hog. Good women are a rare find and I've had mine for 37 years.

Griff

Yup Griff, I'm one of the lucky ones as you are, plus she puts up with my foolery and buffoonery. She likes to trap shoot and goes hunting and fishing too, there a rare breed indeed! :D

1-2 times per month on the bigger cuts and uh-hmm, chicken, 3-4 times per month. I freeze mostly all the butt and enjoy them through the week when I can actually sit and eat it and enjoy it. I don't go out for Q any more but everything around here sucks and I eat better in my own yard and the beer is a hell of a lot cheaper. I know what Woodman means though having been party to these conversations he's referring to and having helped him during one of his jobs. Last thing you want to eat is BBQ. Contests are the same way. I ask others for their opinions before I eat any. I didn't eat any of my chicken at Cabelas til well after turn in, and even then it was only two bites just to see what I had and how it turned out. To each his own though. If ya like it...eat it. :!:

I agree 100%.. I can't eat that stuff the day I cook it. Which sucks cause that is when it is the best... After the initial day of cooking.. I can eat pulled/chopped pork every day for a week. The same goes for brisket.

Case in point... This past weekend... Friday night when every one cooked something different and shared.. I ate and ate and ate.. i was stuffed to the gills... Saturday when all that good Q was being cooked the only thing I ate was one of Larry's ribs and some of Chris Capells brisket.. both of which were awesome.

G

I love Q just about anytime. Same with burgers, chicken, steak, ect. I really get tired of coleslaw, beans and the same ol sides though. One tip someone post about showering after cooking/before eating does help.

Jeff E said:
I cook something in my WSM an average of twice a month. We alternate between pork butt, ribs, chuck, and prime rib. Now I need to add meat loaf to the rotation. I tried the Griff Loaf about a month ago & it was awesome.

Add turkey too Jeff!!

Griff said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Heck yea, How many females are going to cut up a whole hog?

Well, since we're braggin' about our women. My wife went moose and caribou hunting with me. (I say went because we're both 58 and don't pack out anything bigger than a mallard any more.) She helped me gut, skin, quarter, and pack 'em out. Then when we butcher it, she butchers and I wrap. It isn't a 200 pound hog, it's a 1000 pound moose or a 300 pound caribou. However, she quickly pointed out to me that she was impressed with Val doin' the hog. Good women are a rare find and I've had mine for 37 years.

Griff
Now that is a good woman =D> Elbows deep in guts, those critters are huge! I've done quite a few deer in my time but never something of that magnitude :eek: That is alot of work, Griff you are a lucky man :!:
My wife (God love her) helps cook when I don't. She helps herself to the freezer, and throws something in the microwave #-o I wouldn't trade her for nothing :!:

timely eater

I must be on the hungry side of life....... I can eat a good smoked/BBQ'd anything 3-4 times a week.

A nice smoked Mullet I could eat daily till I'm dead......

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

img_57995_0_9d8fff9fc14f8af7135881a866b994bf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom