Yes Woodman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeff E said:
[quote="Man's Best Friend BBQ":36bhitrj]

The costco I go to was exclusive boneless as well but recently they have been having the bone-in butts. Did you talk to the butcher there??

I haven't asked since they went to boneless quite a while ago.
Thanks for the heads up. If they have the bone-in again, I will be very happy. I'll ask at Costco before checking at Sam's since Costco is closer to my house.[/quote:36bhitrj]

Good luck...I prefer costco over sam's anyway.

Ours in Niagara Falls had Hormel for at least 2 months and I haven't been back since I bought that case. I figured as much about not knowing what they're getting. Hope ours goes back too.

Sorry for the hi-jack WittDog. :)

The Joker said:
Ours in Niagara Falls had Hormel for at least 2 months and I haven't been back since I bought that case. I figured as much about not knowing what they're getting. Hope ours goes back too.

Sorry for the hi-jack WittDog. :)
Ya know I try to have a serious cooking thread and :razz: :lmao:
No problem....

The pork looks great witt. I might have to goto bj and see if it will be worth my while to join up. If can get meat that looks that good it would.

Chris

I must have had bad timing on my first BJ's run, I went there on the 21st and picked up some butt with at date of the 24th, woke up nice and early on the 22nd sliced open the cryovac package and almost hurled ya umm meat gone bad. picked a package of spares also that day, dated for the 28th. They were fine. so the day was not a total loss.

Jon

ok wihtout taking this thread way off topic i left out some details of what happened after i opened the butt,, i regained my composer rinsed it off patted it dry i even went so far as to mustardize and rub,, but that smell just would not go away, so in the trash they went.

Then I bleached everything in my kitchen

Lessoned learned

Jon

Back
Top Bottom