wsm temps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cflatt

Sous Chef
boil up a pot of water and lower the tip of your Maverick probe down in it to see if it reads somewhere around 212. If it doesnt you may need a new probe.

Brian,
Worry about the temp at one spot of your cooker, after you've calibrated your themometer. If you moniter the temps at the lid and the grates you're gonna drive yourself insane. Make sure your therm is registering properly first, and then shoot for a dome temp between 240-260 and then just don't worry about what the grate temp is! If your temps are in that range you're cooking in perfect temperatures!

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":373dz27z]Brian,
Worry about the temp at one spot of your cooker, after you've calibrated your themometer. If you moniter the temps at the lid and the grates you're gonna drive yourself insane. Make sure your therm is registering properly first, and then shoot for a dome temp between 240-260 and then just don't worry about what the grate temp is! If your temps are in that range you're cooking in perfect temperatures!

i hear you and i know you're right. pick a spot and stick with it. but the geek in me WON'T LET IT HAPPEN. :ack:[/quote:373dz27z]
:lmao: :lcry: :lmao:

brian j said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1qgjd434]Brian,

i hear you and i know you're right. pick a spot and stick with it. but the geek in me WON'T LET IT HAPPEN. :ack:[/quote:1qgjd434]

I used to be anal like that too! I now do just like Larry said although I monitor the grate temp.

Here's a thought, How about you measure the weight of the fuel? Some folk are so hell bent on temps, You never measure the amount of fuel you start with. Ahhh, Just another mystery of Barbecue. :grin:

Finney said:
Buy three to five more Mavericks and use all the probes for pit temp Put them everywhere in your WSM. Know your temps in every sq in. LOL

Do I detect a note of sarcasm here?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom