WSM Reebs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Home with my lil' one today, she was not feeling too well....... so I decided to cook some ribs on the WSM. Haven't done any on it in over a year now. Rubbed down with Wolfe Rub Original and I'm gonna sauce them down with Ole Ray's Apple/Cinnamon BBQ Sauce curtosy of Rag, Thanks!!!

Then Sunday I'm gonna do a brisket and I'm leaning towards seasoning it with Kosher Salt, Fresh Black Pepper and Garlic Powder, just to keep it simple and to try something different.

He'll like it...just got back from delivering 4 butts
and 2 pans of chicken bog for a company lunch...
tomorrow I gotta cook the prime rib and some
chickens...all this cooking and I don't get to eat it!

I'm using the newer of the two WSM's that I have and it came from Weber all bent and their replacements they sent were all bent..............but I gotta tell you, this one holds temps or better than the old one I have, I just shut the vents down sooner. Anyways, I just pulled the trimmings off and took the ribs out of the rack. It'll be time for saucing soon.

Ribs turned out great last night! Sides were broccoli salad and baked beans! Darn good dinner!

Jim Babek said:
Those ribs look great. Really meaty too. Where did you get them? Excellent job.

Garlic, S & P are the way to go with the brisket. Thats what I used last weekend and it really let you taste the beef with just a nice compliment of flavor.

Got the ribs from BJ's, the two racks weighed 12 lbs together....

Yeah I've gotten to where I like just S&P and garlic on my steaks, so I'm gonna give it a go on the brisket.

Jim you gonna be down in Myrtle in April again this year? If so stop by and see the crew again, I'll give you one of Jims beers! :LOL:

I can't say I have been real happy with simple salt based rubs on brisket. That is kinda what I did on the last one I smoked. It seems to lack in flavor after a long cook.

Give it a try and see if you have the same results.

Cliff H. said:
I can't say I have been real happy with simple salt based rubs on brisket. That is kinda what I did on the last one I smoked. It seems to lack in flavor after a long cook.

A brisket flat in my opinion isn't the most flavorful piece of beef to begin with, so Cliff you may be like me and not really care for brisket ALOT. I mean I like brisket, but if I had my choice I'd go for the point or a chuck roast. But my wife likes the flat so that is what we are having.....lol

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Cliff H.":90hglymq]I can't say I have been real happy with simple salt based rubs on brisket. That is kinda what I did on the last one I smoked. It seems to lack in flavor after a long cook.

A brisket flat in my opinion isn't the most flavorful piece of beef to begin with, so Cliff you may be like me and not really care for brisket ALOT. I mean I like brisket, but if I had my choice I'd go for the point or a chuck roast. But my wife likes the flat so that is what we are having.....lol[/quote:90hglymq]

That's what it is all about Larry. Making something out of nothing and keeping the wife happy. :LOL:

I got to say ribs on a WSM with some Bold rub from ... Where else? Larry Wolfe!

I'm down to the ends of what I got last summer, but the pictures brought back the taste.

Thanks Larry! I spent the week feeling puny myself so I sympathize with your girl, I’d have struggled to eat though, good as it looks and must have smelt and tasted and by now I doubt if there’s a riblets left in the fridge by now. Sob!

Food looks great as always Larry, hope your daughter is feeling better. Making me wish I made some ribs this weekend..

Back
Top Bottom