WSM question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hogdady said:
Been considering the purchase of a WSM. I recently read a review that stated the 22" WSM had difficulty staying at temps below 275°. Can any WSM owners comment on this?

It's more like not being able to get it higher than 275*.

Hogdady said:
Thanks Tri-Tip and Rag. I've been lookin at em for awhile and I'm about ready to get one. Can't wait ....

They will run hot the first 4 or 5 cooks. I used it like a grill without the pan for a few cooks, chicken parts mainly, this will speed up the seasoning. I honestly believe they are the best around. I now cook on UDS's and so does my team. So for now I'm kind of stuck. If I had it to do over again I would have stuck with the WSMs. I sure miss the Weber arsenal I had. The 27 in kettle cooked like no other and I hear the ranch kettle is the best too. One last tip. The middle section will get a bit out of round especially if you take it on the road. This will create a gap between the middle and bottom chamber. That gap will create higher and fluctuating temps. You can reshape the middle section also when you put it together twist the middle section till you feel it fit snugly.

Tri Tip said:
Hogdady said:
Thanks Tri-Tip and Rag. I've been lookin at em for awhile and I'm about ready to get one. Can't wait ....

They will run hot the first 4 or 5 cooks. I used it like a grill without the pan for a few cooks, chicken parts mainly, this will speed up the seasoning. I honestly believe they are the best around. I now cook on UDS's and so does my team. So for now I'm kind of stuck. If I had it to do over again I would have stuck with the WSMs. I sure miss the Weber arsenal I had. The 27 in kettle cooked like no other and I hear the ranch kettle is the best too. One last tip. The middle section will get a bit out of round especially if you take it on the road. This will create a gap between the middle and bottom chamber. That gap will create higher and fluctuating temps. You can reshape the middle section also when you put it together twist the middle section till you feel it fit snugly.

Cool...thx for info :D

Back
Top Bottom