WSM overnighter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
put it on and forget about it

I have done plenty of cooks on a wsm over nite. Just get up in the am and wrap it and place it in the oven at 250. you will need to do the minion method. leave top vent open and leave one bottom one open. i would put both butts on top. Have fun
John
Oh how was the chicken and pork loin.

Well, it worked great. Got up this morning at 6 and the dome temp was at 205 and the pork was 179. Added a few more coals and took a quick pic of the meat. I realy love this thing.

Re: put it on and forget about it

jwatki said:
I have done plenty of cooks on a wsm over nite. Just get up in the am and wrap it and place it in the oven at 250. you will need to do the minion method. leave top vent open and leave one bottom one open. i would put both butts on top. Have fun
John
Oh how was the chicken and pork loin.

Now see, that is a sore subject there John. The guys thought the chicken was great. However, the pork loin didn't make it to the table. You see, we had an explosion of glass in the fridge which got into the pan with the loin in it. We had to pitch it out. Of course, the guy who caused the problem was the last to eat and had to do all the dishes. The good side of the story is we are getting a new fridge.

Finney said:
Man Bill, Those butts look good.
Where's the foil. LOL

Don't make me take you behind the wood shed!

Captain Morgan said:
umm..fridge explosion? What's with all the exploding appliances in Virginia lately?

Something fell from the top shelf and landed on the glass that covers the two pull out bins and it shatterd the glass into a million pieces. Shot glass all the way across the room.

Bill Bill Bill, that is some very very fine looking pork my friend!!! Awesome color!!! You might want to take the WSM to comps with you just for the pork, cause that looks like some award winning should my friend!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
Bill Bill Bill, that is some very very fine looking pork my friend!!! Awesome color!!! You might want to take the WSM to comps with you just for the pork, cause that looks like some award winning should my friend!!!

oh come on, a WSM could never win a contest!

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":d0vju8k6]Bill Bill Bill, that is some very very fine looking pork my friend!!! Awesome color!!! You might want to take the WSM to comps with you just for the pork, cause that looks like some award winning should my friend!!!

oh come on, a WSM could never win a contest![/quote:d0vju8k6]

******!

Well, I have to admit. I think that when it comes to sleep the WSM is the way to go. Finished them off and they are cooling for the customer to pick up on friday. I made two sauces for him as well. One Jack Daniels sauce and one a vinegar sauce.

Figured as long as there is still some heat left I would do some chicken. Put some of the Jack Sauce on the chicken right at the end. Taking that into work for the boys on Friday. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Well, I have to admit. I think that when it comes to sleep the WSM is the way to go. Finished them off and they are cooling for the customer to pick up on friday. I made two sauces for him as well. One Jack Daniels sauce and one a vinegar sauce.

Wow how are you going to keep them hot that long??

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":1mdbm3kt]Well, I have to admit. I think that when it comes to sleep the WSM is the way to go. Finished them off and they are cooling for the customer to pick up on friday. I made two sauces for him as well. One Jack Daniels sauce and one a vinegar sauce.

Wow how are you going to keep them hot that long??[/quote:1mdbm3kt]

He's a fireman for gods sake! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom