Would you eat this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Hi guys, I cooked this chicken yesterday along with one other on my split drum grill. It was rubbed with Ritter's Sweet Peach and grilled indirect until an internal temperature of about 140 degrees. I then placed it in a pan and poured a liberal amount of Suckle Busters Spicy Peach BBQ Sauce over it and continued cooking it indirect until an internal temperature of 168 degrees.

This is one our favorite chicken recipes. We ate the other chicken I had on the grill last night that was seasoned with Ritter's Sweet Apple rub and planned to save this one for today. The problem was that I forgot to put the Sweet Peach chicken in the fridge before I went to bed. I woke up at about two in the morning and remembered the tray was still sitting on the counter. It came off the grill about 7:00 P.M. so it was left out about seven hours before it got back in the fridge. So, my question is. . . Would you eat this?

the answer is...NO.

it may very well be fine, but I ain't risking a couple of days on my knees
in front of the toilet on a damn 5 dollar yard bird.

Well I would eat it. Back when I was a young skull full of mush folks did not even keep opened jelly in the ice box. It was either in the pantry or left on the table. The sugar content is too high for any form of life to exist in the stuff.

bigwheel

Nope, the food code requires for food to be brought down to below 40* (out of the danger zone between 40* & 145*) within 4 hours for safe food handling.

Go ahead Lew. Hope your tub is next to the Toilette. Nothing like fluids violently flowing from both ends at the same time! :LOL:
According to the Mexico's health codes you'll be just fine. But I don't think it's worth the $5 bucks that thing costs. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Smoke has all kinds of kewlish preservative properties. I kept a smoked brisket in the ice box all summer and finally give it away in the fall. The victim..er I mean the recipient survived it well and said it was the best they ever ate. That chicken be just fine. Worst could happen is a little case of the squirts. That aint no hill for a climber.

bigwheel

Vermin999 said:
You have to ask yourself...........Do ya feel lucky?

With my stomach/intestines of steel... I would have nuked it, dipped in BBQ sauce, and called it a day :LOL:

Great testimonial Helen. You obviously got mo muy grande ovararies than some of these girly men have cojones around here.

bigwheel

I would be tempted to eat it but...

1. The food code is there to be followed as a best practice.
2. Even if this was still good and does not make you sick, where do you draw the line?

I'm a firm believer of the slippery slope theory. If you keep pushing the line, eventually you are going make yourself and maybe someone else really sick. Stay within the guidelines and then you can't be blamed for something if it does go wrong.

Now... don't ask me about the days when I lived in the Fratanernity house on campus!! I cringe when I think about the things we ate that had been sitting out ALL WEEKEND!

-C

bigwheel said:
Smoke has all kinds of kewlish preservative properties. I kept a smoked brisket in the ice box all summer and finally give it away in the fall. The victim..er I mean the recipient survived it well and said it was the best they ever ate. That chicken be just fine. Worst could happen is a little case of the squirts. That aint no hill for a climber.

bigwheel

LOL :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom