Woodman's New Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wood, when did you send me pics of this pit??? I never got them!

This is a serious rig brother...espically seeing what you have already, you can hardly compare these two pits!! Can't wait to see it in my driveway June 4th!! :D

WoodChip, I thought you were getting a big grill? Can't cook much on that! I guess we'll all have to bring our WSM to Ohio if we wanna eat!

BTW, nice rig!

WoodFord,

When that Ford F150 konks out on you half way home, give me a shout and I'll bring my Dodge down there and have you back in no time.

Fix Or Repair Daily

Found On Road Dead

GlennR said:
SUH-WEET! Rarely do I find myself jeolous of another man's cooking rig ("pit" seemed inappropriate in this context- see how well I know you guys!) but even I might be able to make a little money with that thing!
Congrats Woodtrailer. What are you gonna pull it with?

Glenn, don't know yet. I'm in "borrow" mode until next year when I can buy something with the cash from this years cooks. Luckily, I have alot of friends who want to help out. One of our comp. partners , Dallas, just bought a big 250 size diesel for haulin to comps. That was the deal. I buy the pit, he buys the truck. Uncle Bubba has to buy everything else!! :twisted:

You'd have to get it back from GM every week!!

Greg, I thought I had your e-mail and had sent you these pics. Guess I must have your old one!

No John, they are gas. The venting is for oxygen flow control. Never know how windy its gonna get too! They are 160,000 BTU ball valve controlled. Great for deep frying, or cooking pinto's, or breakfast on my 24" cast iron skillet "black mamma". I have aquired a sizeable collection of cast iron that I cannot wait to put to use on this thing! The plate on those burners is 1/2" thick! It also has gas in the firebox. If I'm doing an overnighter for a lunch cook? Wood smoke for 5 hours, kick on the gas and snooze for a couple! Also will work well for "baking" things like beans in dutch ovens and potatoes that need 300 deg temps but not smoke. The upright can be temp controlled to be either used as a cooker , at 220 deg , or by moving the last tuning plate over some, it can be at 140 while te main is 220. Firebox is insulated too to minimize heat loss and wood consumption.....whew.....I need a cigarette ;)

Hey 101,

I wasn't wishing for a breakdown on your Ford truck, I more or less stated it as a fact. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just kiddin' with you, I never really criticize another guys ride, I hope you guys have a safe trip.

Chris Finney said:
If you get AAA, don't waste your on the satandard membership. Pay the extra a get the gold. If you breakdown, you won't be sorry.

Chris is correct, get the AAA Plus!

Back
Top Bottom