Wolfe Rub

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Welcome aboard, Big Freddie! :( Larry should be along any second to help you out with Wolfe Rub.. :!: I can tell you this though ~ It's goooood!

Hey Big Freddie,
WolfeRub is made by one of our board members, Larry Wolfe. He sent out some samples for some of us to try. And yes it is good. Works great on pork and beef. It is a 'Salty/Sweet' taste of heaven. Larry says its even good on poultry, but I haven't tried that.

Big Freddie said:
I just started BBQn and have watched this site for a while. But what is WOLFE RUB?

Thanks
Big Freddie #-o

Welcome aboard Big Freddie! "Wolfe Rub" is a rub that I originally made for ribs, but then started using it on butts, then briskets, chicken etc. I consider it a universal rub and think it tastes good on just about anything. There's a guy here on the board that uses it to roast peanuts with to make kind of a "Beer Nut". It's a sweet rub, with a good combination of peppers, salt and spices that give it a subtle heat. If you are interesting in trying some, here's how to contact me. Thanks.

http://www.myfreebulletinboard.com/f2/b ... t3595.html

Welcome to the board, Big Freddie. I, too, got some Wolfe Rub during the "free sample" phase. I have since ordered it several times from Larry. I love that stuff. I use it on practically everything, including chicken (you really need to try that, Finney). I highly recommend it.

Freddie, you'll like both...they really work well together too.
The Wolfe Rub enhances and seasons without overpowering the meat.

If you get the Marvins, try mixing about 4 tablespoons of honey with
a cup of the sauce, and get ready to be addicted. I can put that on wings and have a hard time not eating the bones!!! My favorite sauce on all chicken....also good on monkey, and great on pork!

The Joker said:
Larry's nuts appear to be larger than yours..... 8-[

I'm looking at em right now.... [-X [-X [-X

I made up another batch (Thanks again for the new package Larry). I like how it's much easier to shake. No more clumping at all. =D> =D> =D>

Ah yes, that thread was a great one. got me yelled at and on the Rempe List.

Almost got fired as a mod. Thank goodness cooler heads prevailed, as I really need this job. :(

Big Freddie said:
OK, OK, I've already sent Larry an email for an order and I'll use it as soon as it gets here, what a sales staff.

Thanks
Big Freddie :joy::joy:
:winkie: That's another free batch for me!! :winkie:

Captain Morgan said:
If you get the Marvins, try mixing about 4 tablespoons of honey with a cup of the sauce, and get ready to be addicted. I can put that on wings and have a hard time not eating the bones!!!
2 questions, Cappy ~ Was that the Original or Hot Rev Marvins sauce and did you smoke, grill or deep fry your wings? I like the way this new and improved Wolfe Rub handles ~ Tried it on some chicken breasts a week or so ago using the Shake and Bake method and I'm looking to try it on wings with the Rev's sauce mixture.

The Joker said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":130znw31]If you get the Marvins, try mixing about 4 tablespoons of honey with a cup of the sauce, and get ready to be addicted. I can put that on wings and have a hard time not eating the bones!!!
2 questions, Cappy ~ Was that the Original or Hot Rev Marvins sauce and did you smoke, grill or deep fry your wings? I like the way this new and improved Wolfe Rub handles ~ Tried it on some chicken breasts a week or so ago using the Shake and Bake method and I'm looking to try it on wings with the Rev's sauce mixture.[/quote:130znw31]
I wouldn't answer for Cappie, but I know he is playing poker tonight. Use the hot. If he grills, he throws in a chunk of hickory. But lately, he has done them by deep frying also.

Do try the Rev's and honey, it is a great combo on chicken and chops. Woody has recently used it on ribs and report great results.
I started using the mixture back in the summer because my wife wanted some "sweet" with her "heat". She loves the Rev's and honey combo.

Finney said:
The Joker said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":awinffdx]If you get the Marvins, try mixing about 4 tablespoons of honey with a cup of the sauce, and get ready to be addicted. I can put that on wings and have a hard time not eating the bones!!!
2 questions, Cappy ~ Was that the Original or Hot Rev Marvins sauce and did you smoke, grill or deep fry your wings? I like the way this new and improved Wolfe Rub handles ~ Tried it on some chicken breasts a week or so ago using the Shake and Bake method and I'm looking to try it on wings with the Rev's sauce mixture.
I wouldn't answer for Cappie, but I know he is playing poker tonight. Use the hot. If he grills, he throws in a chunk of hickory. But lately, he has done them by deep frying also.

Do try the Rev's and honey, it is a great combo on chicken and chops. Woody has recently used it on ribs and report great results.
I started using the mixture back in the summer because my wife wanted some "sweet" with her "heat". She loves the Rev's and honey combo.[/quote:awinffdx]
Thanks Finney. I wanted to try grilling tonight but I'm a fair weather griller/bbq'er :!: I can bake or deep fry ~ Would you still coat with WR if frying? The ratio you provided is what I've bee looking for ~ Thanks!! :(

The Joker said:
Finney said:
[quote="The Joker":exq2cd8s][quote="Captain Morgan":exq2cd8s]If you get the Marvins, try mixing about 4 tablespoons of honey with a cup of the sauce, and get ready to be addicted. I can put that on wings and have a hard time not eating the bones!!!

I started using the mixture back in the summer because my wife wanted some "sweet" with her "heat". She loves the Rev's and honey combo.[/quote:exq2cd8s]
Thanks Finney. I wanted to try grilling tonight but I'm a fair weather griller/bbq'er :!: I can bake or deep fry ~ Would you still coat with WR if frying? The ratio you provided is what I've bee looking for ~ Thanks!! :([/quote:exq2cd8s]
I would. Do part of them that way and see how they come out.
You could also do them in the oven. WolfeRub to start, then start layering on the Rev's and honey. :!:

Oven and the deep fryer are heating up ~ Thanks Finney ~ Will report back!! :(

Back
Top Bottom