Wolfe citrus chicken help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big dude

Sous Chef
Gonna whip up my first batch of Wolfe citrus today for some smoked spatchcocked chicken on Wed - first use of it. Any suggestions for glazes, mops, finishing sauce that complement the rub or anything else appreciated.

For dead chickens I like to glaze the last 15 mins or so with Headcountry Regular Sauce sweetened up with a dollop of honey or pure Maple Syrup. Also be sure and get that rub up under the skin Boy!!! Easier to do if you go ahead a split em as opposed to the cockspatching deal.

bigwheel

The only rule I have is to start them breast up for about an hour. Then fip to breast down so juices can start to collect in the cavity.

I am as anal about this as BW is about smoking ribs meat side down.

Same "swim cap" occurs.

Well when I am too lazy to hook up the Rotess...I cook split chicken skin side up cuz it make it mo purtier. Do know the skin side down strategy has its adherents. First time I ever heard of it was from an old codger from Colorada named Rock McNeilly. He called it the swim cap method. That can be sorta treacherous for comp cuz sometime when you flip it the skin stays where it started. Now for KCBS where they cook thighs and gizzards etc. it wouldnt hurt so much. Chances of winning a contest with a skinless chicken half in God's Country is purty remote.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom