Wolfe Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Picked up a 10.5lb packer from Sams the other night and got it on the cooker this morning. I trimmed and separated the point and the flat prior to rubbing and putting it on the cooker. I'll foil the the flat between 160-165 and continue to cook until it hits 190* and then let rest for a couple hours prior to slicing. I'll let the point continue to cook to render more fat, then I'll chop and sauce it. Of course it was rubbed with Wolfe Rub, which I barely had enough left for this brisket.

Larry,

Take pictures of the point and the results. I only cooked two briskets with the point and really didn't care for that part. Cooking the point longer would definitely be something I'll try next time. I heard they call that burnt ends?

Another update.......the flats resting nicely in the cooler and I just foiled the point.

The Boss having fun on her birthday present!

Lazy dog, after I hit the tennis ball to him 1000 times!!

Them "Wolfes" are gonna' be howlin' outside your door tonite :eek:
For leftovers :!:
That Wolfsket look's deeelicious =P~ =P~
Good job bro :!:

Captain Morgan said:
Larry, could you post a pic of one of your failures? I'm getting a complex.
He's gotta' mess up once in a while :eek:
Everything he cooks is perfect :eek:
Come on Larry let's have the bloopers :!: 8-[

Finney said:
Puff said:
Finney said:
Captain Morgan said:
Larry, could you post a pic of one of your failures? I'm getting a complex.
I'll take pictures of his cook at SOTB. :!:

Hey... wait a minute... he's on my team. #-o

:lmao:
That's not funny. [-X
Yea your right Fin :)
Um, let me think about it.............
:lmao: :lcry: :lmao:
Sorry :hide:

Hey Larry, what was your total cook time for the 10 lb'er ? Seems my briskets seem to cook a lot faster that an hour per pound; but they've been good none the less...

cleglue said:
Larry, How much longer do you have to cook the point?
Several more hours. When the flat hits 190 I take it off the cooker and then foil the point and cook for about 3 more hours until the temp get around 190*, then chop and sauce.

john pen said:
Hey Larry, what was your total cook time for the 10 lb'er ? Seems my briskets seem to cook a lot faster that an hour per pound; but they've been good none the less...

John the flat took about 6 hours and the point around 9 hours.

You know Larry, I only live 45 min away. I didnt even get a phone call from a "buddy" :-( . Next time give us a call :!: .

Bill The Grill Guy said:
You know Larry, I only live 45 min away. I didnt even get a phone call from a "buddy" :-( . Next time give us a call :!: .

I spoke with you yesterday morning and you told me you were busy! You don't need to be invited, if you see pic's of me posting food come on over for beer and food!!! I always have enough of both!

Back
Top Bottom