wireless thermometer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about a nice pop up therm. I have a collection of them from previous turkey cooks. :LOL:

Seriously, I would love to have one of those myself. ;)

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
I have one.

I'd like some info on this. The probe going into the meat has no wires coming out to a sending unit that sits on your pit and sends that info to the remote unit "x" number of feet away?????? If you do that's great and was/is really expensive.

Besides what the smoke, grease, and heat would do to any electronic device inside the cooker, I think you'd have a real problem trying to transmit a radio signal from the inside of a closed metal container (the smoker) to a readout on the outside.

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3hhg37w3]I have one.

I'd like some info on this. The probe going into the meat has no wires coming out to a sending unit that sits on your pit and sends that info to the remote unit "x" number of feet away?????? If you do that's great and was/is really expensive.[/quote:3hhg37w3]
It's called, your eyes, nose, and hand. :LOL: I have two ET-73's I hardly ever use. If you know your pit, you don't need no stinking thermometer. ;) :LOL:

[quote="Uncle Bubba":3mo4jbgd][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":3mo4jbgd]I have one.

I'd like some info on this. The probe going into the meat has no wires coming out to a sending unit that sits on your pit and sends that info to the remote unit "x" number of feet away?????? If you do that's great and was/is really expensive.[/quote:3mo4jbgd]
It's called, your eyes, nose, and hand. :LOL: I have two ET-73's I hardly ever use. If you know your pit, you don't need no stinking thermometer. ;) :LOL:[/quote:3mo4jbgd]
Or if you are cooking with gas... :P :LOL:

wittdog said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":mph0m0tk][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":mph0m0tk]I have one.

I'd like some info on this. The probe going into the meat has no wires coming out to a sending unit that sits on your pit and sends that info to the remote unit "x" number of feet away?????? If you do that's great and was/is really expensive.
It's called, your eyes, nose, and hand. :LOL: I have two ET-73's I hardly ever use. If you know your pit, you don't need no stinking thermometer. ;) :LOL:[/quote:mph0m0tk]
Or if you are cooking with gas... :P :LOL:[/quote:mph0m0tk]
Yea I have a Big Block gasser for catering and would NEVER use gas on a whole hog cook. Stupid public don't know the diff between gas pulled pork or the real deal! I prefer to work smarter than harder! :LOL:

He's just funnin ya, Gwapo...look at the icons. Pigs is an old fashioned bbq'er...and looking guy for that matter!

Finney said:
My sources tell me that the rotissarie thermometer will be available in Feb.
I had the opportunity to look at the sales sheet for it today. Pretty cool.

That's great but the question is, "who are you"?

Larry Wolfe said:
Finney said:
My sources tell me that the rotissarie thermometer will be available in Feb.
I had the opportunity to look at the sales sheet for it today. Pretty cool.

That's great but the question is, "who are you"?
He's the guy that's avaliable once a month........ :roll:

I would like to see the spec sheet and quality control reports.

I think the maverick people were only looking at the sales sheet when they started shipping et-73's :shock:

Maybe Finney can get them to send out some test units for some of the bbq-4,, I mean BBQ Central members. :D

Cliff H. said:
I would like to see the spec sheet and quality control reports.

I think the maverick people were only looking at the sales sheet when they started shipping et-73's :shock:

Maybe Finney can get them to send out some test units for some of the bbq-4,, I mean BBQ Central members. :D

Cliff, I agree Maverick had a not so good batch or two of Mavericks go out wtih problems. I got one myself, but they sent me a brand new one. And as far as I know as long as people contacted them within the warranty timeframe they were sent a new unit or probe depending on the problem. I've had 2 of my 3 Mavericks for around 5 years and they work perfectly and the replacement that Maverick sent does now as well. As long as they continue to address the issue by replacing them, then I have no problem with them.

BTW, as soon as the wireless ones are available Finney and I will have them in stock!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom