Winter Kissed Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
So like 10 degrees, and plenty of white stuff...

I was gunna do a butt, but...they were out. They had briskets, which is unusual. So I brought home a 7 pound flat. After I shoveled off the deck, it went on around 11.

Going for the high temp again. Seems to work out OK for me.
Almost done now....then rests.

Foiled now and fat cap up. OMG the smell! :shock: 8)

Scotty

You're timing is impeccable. I'm having some friends over for dinner tomorrow and hit the stores today for brisket. The first two had none. The last place had two smallish flats, a 5.0 and a 5.8 pounder. I bought 'em both. These are on the small side and kinda thin. I am semi concerned that if I do my usual overnight low cook, they might be over done by the time I get up in the morning. I'm considering doing a high temp cook. What temp are you running at and how long? It's currently 18* and the overnight temp is forecast for 12*. I'm concerned about trying a new technique when I got friends showing up. Plus, I have problems with brisket anyway. About one in five is good only for chili. I may have to wait until later in the day when I start drinking to figure out this dilemma.

Griff said:
... What temp are you running at and how long? It's currently 18* and the overnight temp is forecast for 12*. I'm concerned about trying a new technique when I got friends showing up. Plus, I have problems with brisket anyway. About one in five is good only for chili. I may have to wait until later in the day when I start drinking to figure out this dilemma.

Full chimney ...crank it up to 350 if it will... Foil at 170, return to WSM...I put the fat cap up at that point.....then it just a matter of feel (like butta) It still needs to rest in foil after it's removed.

The bark won't be as pronounced, but it'll still have the great flavor.

takes about 4 -4.5 hours. Mine's resting now.

Thanks Scotty. I'm going to give the high temp brisket a try tomorrow. The WSM is on my wooden deck and I don't do an overnight cook on the deck. Doing a high temp cook tomorrow means I don't have to shovel a spot in the yard and move everything.

The money shot..........it made me weak............ :shock:
Words not flowing to well........ :shock:
I'll......I'll check with you tomorrow.
Need food right now.

Dood, even with an upset stomach that sammich looks mooowwlney! Nice work my Northern friend!

Back
Top Bottom