Wild Hog Loin Backs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
my neighbor invited me over to eat some of these he caught..
his deal, so we're steaming on a gasser for a while, then indirect over
wood chips to finish...By the way, if you don't hear from me tomorrow, feed Jake.

These were off 50 pounders...look like little Danish ribs...more to come.

Captain Morgan said:
my neighbor invited me over to eat some of these he caught..
wood chips to finish...By the way, if you don't hear from me tomorrow, feed Jake.

I love it when people say that! Looks to me like he killed it! :eek:

NNNNICE Larry!
Down here a lot of the locals catch em wild in pens when they are small like that and fatten them up on grain and junk from the veggie stands. Till they get a lil plumper.

Captain Morgan said:
I didn't see any marinade...hoping he asks me for some advice to finish em!

It the pic's you posted Cappy it sure looks like they are in a marinade of some sort????

That would be water...he's steaming them on the grill to start with.
I'll check and see if there's anything else in there.

Kind of hoping not...want to taste the flavor as pure as possible.
Again, you know what to do it I die. Finney gets the WSM.

Captain Morgan said:
That would be water...he's steaming them on the grill to start with.

Finney gets the WSM??? I was gonna give you the recipe for Wolfe Rub! Guess I'll give that to Woody now since Finney's getting LuLu. I hope Woody can read the Wolfe Rub recipe with one eye! :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":3kteub0k]That would be water...he's steaming them on the grill to start with.

Finney gets the WSM??? I was gonna give you the recipe for Wolfe Rub! Guess I'll give that to Woody now since Finney's getting LuLu. I hope Woody can read the Wolfe Rub recipe with one eye! :eek:[/quote:3kteub0k]
Geez... would you two just die already. #-o [-o< 8-[

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":2gmj16q2]my neighbor invited me over to eat some of these he caught..

I love it when people say that! Looks to me like he killed it! :eek:[/quote:2gmj16q2]

He caught them right between the sites of his gun!

Well the ribs were good and I am alive this morning...will post a pic when I get home. Very small, but there was enough meat to enjoy..by the way,
they were not gamey AT ALL, and he said it was because those pigs had been eating a farmers crops...that's why the farmer wanted the pigs gone.
So they ended up eating a lot of stuff regular pigs eat I guess.

You'd be surprised at the damage a hog can do. I have seen them tear up a golf course fairway looking for bugs and stuff, use the tusks like a plow. Farmers are VERY happy to get them off the fields too. The trenches are long and deep. I have been told that cows sometimes berak their legs tripping in them while grazing. The ranchers will encourage anyone to get rid of them if they are hanging around.
In yer case everyone was happy...yer friend, you, the farmer....the only one not happy was the piggy! At least he was the guest of honor, at the dinner.

Back
Top Bottom