Wife cooks ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boozer

Sous Chef
The warden has taken away my new toy (treager jr) for herself. She never really cared much about cooking BBQ, until we started making money doing it. Now she's all about it! I have to admit, she's cookin some pretty good stuff on her "easy bake smoker"! lol

Attachments

• 20140901_144002.jpg
    20140901_144002.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 20140901_144001.jpg
    20140901_144001.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Looks good. Tell her the ribs need to go meat side down and dont spill the juice which accumulates on the concave bone side. Also tell her to lower the heat a little. The exposed bones is a clue to being a little too hot.

Looks good. Tell her the ribs need to go meat side down and dont spill the juice which accumulates on the concave bone side. Also tell her to lower the heat a little. The exposed bones is a clue to being a little too hot.
I did. As one might expect, she completely ignored my advice. With that said, they were pretty good!

Attachments

• 20131123130146.jpg
    20131123130146.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 284
I do have to ask, Why the flip? Most Pit Masters I know only flip when they sauce, in the final stages.
It took me a minute to figure out what you meant. There was no flip. 2 different cooks. the meat side down ones I did. She went meat side up. BW was telling me she was cooking them bass-ackwards, so I posted the second picture, telling him I already knew that. Her reasoning for the upside down cooking is that she doesnt like the grate-marks on them. says it makes the ribs ugly. 'sides, ya gotta flip em when you wrap em, if youre putting butter and brown sugar and/or honey on both sides. I don't sauce though, cept for comps. sauce on the side!

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant. There was no flip. 2 different cooks. the meat side down ones I did. She went meat side up. BW was telling me she was cooking them bass-ackwards, so I posted the second picture, telling him I already knew that. Her reasoning for the upside down cooking is that she doesnt like the grate-marks on them. says it makes the ribs ugly. 'sides, ya gotta flip em when you wrap em, if youre putting butter and brown sugar and/or honey on both sides. I don't sauce though, cept for comps. sauce on the side!

Please disregard previous message.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom