Wicked ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had good results starting with the meat up on ribs and then flipping them bone up 1/2 thru the cook.....

Bigwheel,

Ever hear of duck or goose confit ?????? It's a method of preserving. If you have, then you know that it is cooked in a pot containing nothing but its own fat. Actually it is complely covered in it. It is very tender but it does not absorb any of the fat except for maybe a little on the outside.

There is no mechanism for fat or water to be re-absorbed back into meat.
That's why if you boil meat or poultry in water for too long it becomes dry as a bone. Probably why gravy got invented !!!

But if you like cooking your ribs "bone side up" more power to ya.

Al

oompappy said:
wittdog said:
I flip them cuz they tend to cook a little more even......

Got any science to back that up, Mr? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Well I preformed whets called the try try again method of testing an hypothesis...I could use some jargon (otherwise known as baffled with BS)...but I noticed that on my cooking apparatus....taking into account all the variables...heat source…firebox placement….exhaust placement..and placement of animal product that heat tends to rise…and with the thermal dynamics in play…the more adult bevs I consume the less I worry about how I git where I’m going just that the finished product is what I like. :D

Because the mrs didn't take the plated pics I can't prove or disprove any of this

Hey Witt,

Next time you go into that jargon, can you let us know ahead of time,
just so we can put our rubber boots on :LOL:

Cheers

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom