Who's cooking what for Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
Who's cooking what for Super Bowl. Thought if I started this thread early enough it'll give us time to "borrow" each others ideas...

Im cranking up the aggravation maker (also known as my Brinkman smoker) and doing a butt and a ton of ABT's. My ABT's are made the usual way (cut in half, stuffed with cream cheese) but I use a bacon chedder cheese to top it, then wrap it with a thinly sliced beef before wrapping it in bacon. Just takes it up to another level...

I'm thinking about taking a couple of flats and cooking the hell out of them to make "burnt ends". Folks seem to like them better than regular brisket. Woody

Doing six racks of baby back ribs for a party at a friend's house. Various sauces, some dry. Texas BBQ Rub#1 and Fatz's Pig Powder for rubs.

Bruce B said:
Doing six racks of baby back ribs for a party at a friend's house. Various sauces, some dry. Texas BBQ Rub#1 and Fatz's Pig Powder for rubs.
Ditto!!! 'Cept the party's at my house!! 8)

4 butts for the firehouse. I have to feed 30 or so. 2 butts to be done with Fatz's pig powder (YES it came today) 2 with Mr. Brown. Maybe I'm gonna do a 5th butt to freeze and save when I see my son. He is hopefully flying through here with a 12 hour layover before heading to Afganistan!!!

I've promised my family and friends not to go near anything sharp, hot or combustiible for 48 hours before and 48 hours after the game.

Bill Hays said:
[quote="Bruce B":j3cbpw6i]Doing six racks of baby back ribs for a party at a friend's house. Various sauces, some dry. Texas BBQ Rub#1 and Fatz's Pig Powder for rubs.
Ditto!!! 'Cept the party's at my house!! 8)[/quote:j3cbpw6i]

Bill,
Are you gonna send directions or what?

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bill Hays":243q26la][quote="Bruce B":243q26la]Doing six racks of baby back ribs for a party at a friend's house. Various sauces, some dry. Texas BBQ Rub#1 and Fatz's Pig Powder for rubs.
Ditto!!! 'Cept the party's at my house!! 8)[/quote:243q26la]

Bill,
Are you gonna send directions or what?[/quote:243q26la]
Follow the sun, Larry! :smt023

GlennR said:
Nick Prochilo said:
Maybe I'm gonna do a 5th butt to freeze and save when I see my son. He is hopefully flying through here with a 12 hour layover before heading to Afganistan!!!

Godspeed to your son. He can eat here anytime if he's stuck in the dc/baltimore area.

Thanks

Canadian!! They have their own brand of "Football" up there...ya know, where the shelps who can't make the NFL go and play on a 300 yard field!

And don't bring me that Doug Flutie crap either!!! :smt019 :smt068

Susan Z said:
Ahhh, the superbowl! The anniversary of my first WSM experience (or any smoking experience, for that matter). Last year it was a gigantic brisket and some ribs. This year----I'm not sure yet!

BUT...the ABTs sound like a great start.

Will it be smoking or grilling, or a combo? Dunno!

Susan, we all remember "our first time." Mine was Christmas Eve. I turned out a brisket that could've served better as a mud-flap on one of Greg's trucks!!!! Everybody smiled and choked it down. I knew it sucked though! Problem was, I was using an electric Brinkmann, in December, and cooking by time instead of internal temp! Well, the temp on that piece of shit Brinkmann, never got above 200, and was as low as 175! After a couple of those type of cooks, I bought a log burner and the first brisket I did on that? Almost made me cry!!!!!!!! Memories, like the corners of my mind................

Bill Hays said:
Always on a Sunday evening, Shawn :shock:
Sometimes I watch it. I usually find out about it the 'day of' thanks to my Sunday paper.

Not much of a sports fan here but Candian game has 3 downs instead of four on a 10 yard longer and somewhat wider field (not 300 yards Greg :roll:) making the games usually of lower score than NFL games. Punting and field goals are even more important than in NFL I think. I prefer the NFL games because of this. Two downs, punt, two downs punt is kinda lame. Good return. Oh wow, they made a first down. Two downs, try for a field goal.

Back
Top Bottom