Who's cooking what for Super Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And what a fine ass-end it is!!! 8) Not like thoes POS Freightshakers ya'll build! Almost brought down the whole Class 8 industry all by yourselves...Damn Jim Hebee :evil:

I don't think I've ever seen a happy mushrooms, but a friend of mine sure gets happy from mushrooms.

She once told me she was a mushroom, cause it work we keep her in the dark and feed her sh@%*.

I recently read that you should remove the 'gills' from the portabello cap with a spoon before cooking. I've always just left them. I'll give removal a try though.

I just brush them with EVOO and throw on the grill. Take them off and sprinkle blue cheese all over them. Yuuuuuummmmie

Ya oughta try them marinated in Italian salad dressing before grilling and then top with grated cheese !!!!!!!

Uncle Al

Keith
Sounds good, would use New Mexican chili pepper for chili powder and add turbinado sugar, will have to give it a try.
Jim

I'm hearing more and more about chocolate in chili recipes, and now rubs and marinades for other meats.....anybody tried that?

Welll I know I promised not to go near anything sharp, hot, or combustible but..... Mirculously.... my guru repaired itself..... my butcher called and said he had a 14. 5. lb full brisket a customer hadn't picked up and Icould have it for $20 ..... and it's supposed to get close to 50 degees today no wind.

So I'm cooking a 14.5 lb brisket and an 8 lb chuck roast.

Used the rib rub FATZ posted on both. mustard slathered the chuck roast.

Gonna put 'em on around 10 PM. Intend to make a back cut brisket just before foiling the flat and make burnt ends out of the back cut.

In another omen of good fortune turns out the saran wrap I bought was green.

Guru repairs istself, 50 degrees no wind, $20 brisket, green saran wrap. Guess this means Philly wins!!!!!!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="ROB O":1fg3gs35]

Guru repairs istself, 50 degrees no wind, $20 brisket, green saran wrap. Guess this means Philly wins!!!!!!

I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D[/quote:1fg3gs35]

No really. The guru repaired itself. :P

I picked up 20 lbs of fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale yesterday ... I'm going to trim, pre-freeze then portion and vac-pac. If I have time I'm gonna try making some chicken fingers this afternoon, though I don't have a deep fryer. I'm thinking to pan fry them in canola oil.

For supper I'm going to bread and fry breast pieces (halved horizontally if too thick) then cover them in marinara sauce I made yesterday (will add green pepper and mushrooms), top with mozza cheese, then bake them 'till the cheese is brown and eat it with pasta, marinara sauce, garlic toast and ceaser salad.

Just pulled the meat off the pit:

butts @ 10 hrs
briskets (flats) @ 7.5 hours

foiled and sitting in a cooler for slicing / chopping around 6:30 . Beans in the oven . Gonna pull them at about 5:00. They're in cast iron so they'll stay hot for several hundred years! Carting it over to the smoke shop to feed a bunch of old buddies! Woody

Just pulled my butt (PORK BUTT !!!) off ...12 hours..small butt around 6 to 7 lbs..ABT's are about 15 min away from being done, then the last batch of ABT's go on with sausage....hoping to eat between 6 and 7......long night ..lots of beer and even caught a few hours sleep this am...

Good times....

Back
Top Bottom