Whole smoked alligator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Need a recipe or advice on smoking a whole alligator and using the gator as a centerpiece for a display.

Yes, I'm serious.

I think it would be best to put some duct tape around his mouth and a sash cord around his leg...use him for a live centerpiece. That should work. Cook up some butts and tell all the yankees from Ohiya you feeding them his family. I like it. Get the local newspaper out to cover the story etc. Heard of this guy down here who always win the "wild game" portion of a bbq cookoff by claiming he was cooking Arrdvark. He get a letter from his cuz who run the wild game farm in S. Texas who write a letter notarized to verify it was Arrdvark..then the guy would cook up double cut pork chops. Whut a smarty pants huh? Stuck a bunch of money in his pocket from whut I heard. Wasn't sanctioned surely. BBQ Mom and Pat be too smart to fall for that kinda deal. Then you could turn the little guy loose in the local lake after you get done. They are very good to eat trash fish...like bass and crappie etc. They dont eat good stuff like catfish and carp I dont think. Surely they would not be dumb enough to try to eat a gar. Gar got mo teeth than him most likely. Just trying to cover all the bases here.

bigwheel

Uncle bubba,you have any photos of your outing to the zoo. :LOL:
You need a good duck recipe,gator cooking iz too advanced.

Uncle Bubba said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":4l0poq73]second, smoke him and use him as a centerpiece for display.

That's the attitude that lost you guys the war. :roll: ;)[/quote:4l0poq73]

Come down here again and we're gonna make you eat slaw.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Uncle Bubba":vxcm3gj3][quote="Captain Morgan":vxcm3gj3]second, smoke him and use him as a centerpiece for display.

That's the attitude that lost you guys the war. :roll: ;)[/quote:vxcm3gj3]

Come down here again and we're gonna make you eat slaw.[/quote:vxcm3gj3]

No problem. My bowels move faster than you guys do...for anything!!! ;) :LOL:

Uncle Bubba, If you can't come up with a gator try one of these.

img_162820_0_116a0098ac1589b6b26f7d0d21f554f0.jpg

Gator is supposed to taste like chicken....treat it like chicken....Just toss the dam thing on the pit and when its done it's done...

Gut him Build a fire & smoke till 165 in the thick part of the tail.
It aint rocket science:

img_162830_0_73cf788d2fde7bc10b2faa1cfd3f5ab2.jpg

I was speaking with Dave Klose the other day and he was asking about this and if I knew anyone who's ever smoked one before.

007bond-jb said:
Gut him Build a fire & smoke till 165 in the thick part of the tail.
It aint rocket science:

img_162855_0_73cf788d2fde7bc10b2faa1cfd3f5ab2.jpg
JB you make it sound so simple, when I'm at Marco in Oct, think I'll just drive over into the glades, grab me up one and bring home to smoke. :)

Back
Top Bottom