Whole Lamb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why the head?? [smilie=a_holycrap.gif] [smilie=a_holyshit.gif] [smilie=eek2.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_178.gif] [smilie=a_makeitstop.gif]

Bruce B said:
Why the head?? [smilie=a_holycrap.gif] [smilie=a_holyshit.gif] [smilie=eek2.gif] [smilie=rlp_smilie_178.gif] [smilie=a_makeitstop.gif]

I spent 4.5 months in Greece when I was 10. One afternoon we got to a friend's village home and they had the same lamb/spit set up. I totally remember the adults passing the head round the table and eating from it.

I don't like food that looks back at you.... I'm just saying I could do without the head.

what that cooking on the bottom spit? you would need a whole case of mint jelly to go along with that..

I've done a few whole pigs and only one I had to cut the head off because it was so big the whole thing wouldn't fit in cooker.

A hog with it's head just doesn't seem as creepy as that lamb/sheep......

I don't know what it is about the sheep/lamb on there with it's head intact...but it's just not right. Maybe it's the teeth (looking close to a humans mouth of choppers)...or maybe it's because it looks so close to a skun dog on a spit.

I think that's one roast that would be more appetizing without the head.

Smokey_Joe said:
I've done a few whole pigs and only one I had to cut the head off because it was so big the whole thing wouldn't fit in cooker.

A hog with it's head just doesn't seem as creepy as that lamb/sheep......

I don't know what it is about the sheep/lamb on there with it's head intact...but it's just not right. Maybe it's the teeth (looking close to a humans mouth of choppers)...or maybe it's because it looks so close to a skun dog on a spit.

I think that's one roast that would be more appetizing without the head.

THANK YOU SJ, finally, another voice of reason.

Reminds me of Octopussy when they were eating that crap for dinner when the guy pops the eye out and eats it like a hard boiled egg. Gross.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom