Whole Hog Pics from LudiChris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn sorry I missed this yesterday, this is just the kind of thing I like to poke sticks at.
Tradional BBQ, mine is and your is not.
Western NY is a hot bed of tradional BBQ?
Tradional hog cooking had very little smoke flavor because they burnt their wood down coals and would place it under or on the hog based on the style of cooking they were doing.

Heat is heat, the fact you can now get that from gas and have a smoke generator or box to produce desired smoke is not tradional, ok so what.

Jim

jminion said:
Damn sorry I missed this yesterday, this is just the kind of thing I like to poke sticks at.
Tradional BBQ, mine is and your is not.
Tradional hog cooking had very little smoke flavor because they burnt their wood down coals and would place it under or on the hog based on the style of cooking they were doing.

Heat is heat, the fact you can now get that from gas and have a smoke generator or box to produce desired smoke is not tradional, ok so what.

Jim

Excellent summary Jim! Thanks!

Niagara River Smoker said:
jminion said:
Did I miss something here?

You missed that Jim Minion doesn't think you live in a hot bed of traditional BBQ. :p

Also... I get the feeling he thought Ludi was being an ass.

I just thought he seemed like he was from NY. :badgrin: :-D kidding

It's all good here. He should come back and start over. 8)

Chris Finney said:
[quote="Niagara River Smoker":3pl0tvjc]
jminion said:
Did I miss something here?

You missed that Jim Minion doesn't think you live in a hot bed of traditional BBQ. :p 8)[/quote:3pl0tvjc]

We all know that the hotbed of traditional BBQ is southern New England :-D ..... (Rob ducks and puts on kevlar vest......)

Rob

Just got off the phone with Chris ~ Nice guy! Butt, you'll never know..... :badgrin: :badgrin:

Niagara River Smoker said:
Just got off the phone with Chris ~ Nice guy! Butt, you'll never know..... :badgrin: :badgrin:

Our loss... his loss... that's what we'll never know.

As I said before, I wish he would come back and start over. We can't know him and he can't know us in a few posts, part of one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom