Whole Hog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you using a big charcoal basket in that Lang ?

If so then what kind of burn time are you getting ?[/quote]

I had four sides welded to the Lang fire grate platform to make a basket. However, that don't work so good with all wood burns. For wood burns I cut a piece of steel cat walk to the firebox size and use 4 pieces of 2" stainless pipe 3" long as loose legs....just stand one up in each corner.
I use 3 to 4 pounds of charcoal with firewood on top and hit that with the weed torch. for 5 minutes.
After that I jam all the wood I can get in the box and let the Guru hold the temp/burn rate with each reload lasting 2 hours.

Skin? Yeah, I trashed it. It felt like plastic. You eat that Bobber?

Hearing about cheek meat I dug it out with the bear claw. I made a cheek meat sammy yesterday. Used Multigrain bread with mayo, slice of swiss, slice of sweet onion, sunflower seeds, cheek meat, Carolina vinegar sauce and hunks of blue cheese. Twenty seconds in the nuke machine and served with hot peppers.
Cheek meat rocks.
I don't want to hear flack about pics :roll:

Should have taken the skin and salted it and throw it over a grill at high heat! Poof's up and tasty! Done it many a time, tasty good crunchy! :D Cheek meat is the BEST!

I aint never but betcha I could find some recipes from them who have. That be on the head cheese. Good job on the pig Rag.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom