Who wants to help the new guy with RIBS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PatioDaddio said:
Massey Q said:
Wow it is getting a bit spicy in here.

I am about 1:30 in on my 3 hour smoke. I am having a hard time with temps again this time it's not hot enough. That is a good thing though, it will just take a bit longer.

I followed Joe's advise next time I am going to try John's recommendation.
Yeah, I'm sorry for contributing to the hijacking of this thread. :?

I'll shut up now.

John

You didn't hijack the thread at all! I googled Ray Lampe and now I know who you are talking about! Your post provided ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF INFORMATION AND ADVICE!

Ok so it took 3.75 hours, I foiled with butter for the last 30 min. I also sprayed with apple cider about every 45 min.

Thank you all for your help.

Nick Prochilo said:
Jon, how was the taste, texture and juiciness?

They were great, a little salty but that could have been because of the butter. The end ribs were a little dry but the middle ones were really good. I ran out of fuel towards the end so I had to add charcoal which caused my temps to go up a bit however it helped with the bark. All in all I am very happy with the turn out.

Nick Prochilo said:
Thats all that matters, you have to be happy with the end result! Great job!

No kidding! That's a fact. Roll with what you know. You can read all the BBQ book's you want. Doesn't make you a good BBQ master. A BBQ book is just a guide line in my eyes. There are NO rules in the kitchen, or on the pit, grill, or what ever.

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1f4dcq03]Thats all that matters, you have to be happy with the end result! Great job!

No kidding! That's a fact. Roll with what you know. You can read all the BBQ book's you want. Doesn't make you a good BBQ master. A BBQ book is just a guide line in my eyes. There are NO rules in the kitchen, or on the pit, grill, or what ever.

Pigs[/quote:1f4dcq03]

Trophies on the other hand, make you pretty much a GOD! Wish I had some.....

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":8vwabaw0][quote="Nick Prochilo":8vwabaw0]Thats all that matters, you have to be happy with the end result! Great job!

Pigs[/quote:8vwabaw0]

Trophies on the other hand, make you pretty much a GOD! Wish I had some.....[/quote:8vwabaw0]

Your rite about that!

Glad you were kinda happy. I didn't know you were cooking just half a rack. ... Or was there more not shown?
What brand were they? If they were salty, they may have been "enhanced" with a brine solution.
Always use unsalted butter when cooking, but I don't think that led to the saltiness of the ribs...or the 1t of salt in the recipe I gave.
When did you put the rub on? I put mine on about 30 minutes before they hit the smoker.

"Joe"

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":r3rlxv6t][quote="Nick Prochilo":r3rlxv6t]Thats all that matters, you have to be happy with the end result! Great job!

Pigs[/quote:r3rlxv6t]

Trophies on the other hand, make you pretty much a GOD! Wish I had some.....[/quote:r3rlxv6t]

Dude what is your problem?

Massey Q said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1skt4tam][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1skt4tam][quote="Nick Prochilo":1skt4tam]Thats all that matters, you have to be happy with the end result! Great job!

Pigs[/quote:1skt4tam]

Trophies on the other hand, make you pretty much a GOD! Wish I had some.....[/quote:1skt4tam]

Dude what is your problem?[/quote:1skt4tam]

Evidently Mr. Ringo's an educated man. Now I really hate him. You must be Ringo? Look, darlin', it's Johnny Ringo. Deadliest pistoleer since Wild Bill, they say. What do you think, darlin', should I hate him?

Massey Q said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1z4qb9vu][quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1z4qb9vu][quote="Nick Prochilo":1z4qb9vu]Thats all that matters, you have to be happy with the end result! Great job!

Pigs[/quote:1z4qb9vu]

Trophies on the other hand, make you pretty much a GOD! Wish I had some.....[/quote:1z4qb9vu]

Dude what is your problem?[/quote:1z4qb9vu]

So anyway ... Sorry you got got caught up in our little internet Romper Room. ...
We're just on a recent kick to bust the bollocks of certain members. Nothing intended towards you.

Back
Top Bottom