Who is cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
5 pounds of chicken thighs and half a dozen ears of corn ~ On the RK!

Not cooking today. Going to two pool parties. Let them feed me, give me beer, and stare at scantily clad women. It's a pretty happy day for me.
Could be the start of the Summer of Jim.

Beef ribs. I started them about 7:00 this morning; at 11:20 they looked done (based on how far the meat had pulled back from the bone) so I took them off. They're resting in a cooler right now, to be consumed when SWMBO returns from shopping. :happyd:

10+ LB Pork Butt (To be pulled and sauced), 2 chickens in the hot spot, sausage links, using apple wood. Asparagas, rice, Coffee Honey Spice Cake, Banana Pudding, beer, wine, whisky! It's both my sons Birthdays today. Andrew is 21, Brian is 20. Brian is in Iraq so he can't be with us. We will toast to him anyway. :!:

zilla said:
10+ LB Pork Butt (To be pulled and sauced), 2 chickens in the hot spot, sausage links, using apple wood. Asparagas, rice, Coffee Honey Spice Cake, Banana Pudding, beer, wine, whisky! It's both my sons Birthdays today. Andrew is 21, Brian is 20. Brian is in Iraq so he can't be with us. We will toast to him anyway. :!:
Happy Birthday to the boys. =D>

2 8.5 lbs butts...and they just called the party off..I think I will have a few leftovers, not even gonna put the ribs on...thank God for the foodsaver

Hoss's BBQ said:
zilla said:
http://ephotohut.com/images/HossBBQ/americanflagice.jpg
I did this ice piece while my father was in Iraq two years ago. I sent the picture to him and his buddies and they liked it alot. Send it on to Brian if you can.

=D> =D> =D> Very nice Hoss.

first fatties

It was my first fatties on new $126 walmart special Brinkman SnP (Early Fathers Day Present)

I did italian sausage, prischutto(sp?) and provolone on one and mozzarella on the other. I didn't have a good rub to put on them so just left them naked.

I think i'm gona like fatties, took 4 hours though had troubles maintaining a consant temp. peaked at almost 300 low was 199 using "Cowboy" lump charcoal. Still came out good

Gonna add a few bricks in the chamber and lower the stack and try it again and if i have to i'm gonna try again, and maybe again. :D

Well that FAQ was a good read I just realized i am doind almost everything wrong trying to maintain an even temp :eek:

It looks like i am going to have to umm try try and try again :)

Thanks again,,

Jon

Happy B-day Brian, keep up the good work :!:

The only thing I cooked today was rubber off my bike's tire's :grin:
It was worth it :!:

Hoss's BBQ said:
[quote="Bill The Grill Guy":2jhe0vk8]I'm taking leftovers to my parents house tonight. LOTS OF LEFTOVERS!!!!!!!!!!! #-o
I do not know if you saw my post in your catering 101 how many people showed for the party?[/quote:2jhe0vk8]

I figured around 80-90 people showed up. I should have went on your advise and stuck with your figures.

Back
Top Bottom