Which Wolfe Rub is best on pork ribs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCook

Senior Cook
Just got my three Wolfe Rubs yesterday and tommorow I'm putting some pork ribs on the WSM.

So which of Wolfe's rubs is the best on ribs???

I like the Original on pork ribs with a 50/50 combo of Sweet Baby Rays and Honey for sauce.

I like the Bold on beef ribs with a 50/50 combo of Reverend Marvins and Honey for sauce.

Alot of people like the opposite, it all depends on the end flavor you're looking for!

Larry Wolfe said:
I like the Original on pork ribs with a 50/50 combo of Sweet Baby Rays and Honey for sauce.

I like the Bold on beef ribs with a 50/50 combo of Reverend Marvins and Honey for sauce.

Alot of people like the opposite, it all depends on the end flavor you're looking for!

What do you know about Wolfe rub? :LOL: :shock: ;)

WRO.....hit 'em and put them in the fridge.......take 'em out....hit 'em again before you put them on the cooker. :D
What kind of sauce are you using? (If any?)

OK so the all of the above vote is missing! :LOL:

I'll have to admit I've eaten the bold (I like it a whole lot on ribs, chicken, beef...anything moving slowly past the grill) and the original (the family went harder for the original than I did, but less so for the Bold), and I'll have to order some of the citrus, as I've not tried it yet.

The sauce I have in the pantry right now is KC Masterpiece in original and honey. And a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's original. Was probably gonna put the KC original on them, but maybe the honey. These important decisions are tough sometimes!

Love2<º((((>< said:
The sauce I have in the pantry right now is KC Masterpiece in original and honey. And a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's original. Was probably gonna put the KC original on them, but maybe the honey. These important decisions are tough sometimes!

The Honey in the SBR/Honey combo sauce really brings out the cinnamon flavor in the WRO.

Larry makes a "crack" rub that is out of this world!!! You have to push it through a strainer, but it makes everything taste GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I wonder how wide this page can get???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bold is a good rub. Good job on it Larry. Being from Texas, I still prefer my Hint of Houston Rub, but I am biased. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom