What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
What's everybody cookin' for the weekend?
I don't have to much spare time during the week :), so I do all my smokin' on Sunday.
I'm doin' my first brisket, kinda' nervous about that one I'm [-o< in' that it comes out good 8-[
Ialso have some of that smoked bacon oompappy posted about curin' in the fridge =P~
Probably some polish sausage too =P~
The weather is going to be pretty good up here (high 50's) =D>
I'd like to hear from everybody :grin:
So turn off the t.v., get off the couch, fire it up, and let's cook!!!
Don't forget the camera :grin:

mrgrumpy said:
I know, don't forget the camera......

I am going to do:
3 bcc's =D>
10#'s of wings
a bbq'd cabbage
onions
and ...... ?????? what ever else I can get my hands on..... :razz: :razz: :razz:
:grin: :D :) :( :( :( :razz: :razz: :!: :!:

That will just about do it for tomorrow.... what is next... ??? I don't know yet... I found a packer (beef brisket) today at Wal-Mart marked down.... might (yeah, might, hahaha) do it too.....

Bill
Everything sounds great :!: Bbq'd cabbage? ya' gotta' tell me about that one :!:

Sixteen pounds of corned beef will become pastrami by six o'clock.

If you've never done this cook, your missing something really tasty !!!!

Al

Puff said:
What's everybody cookin' for the weekend?
I'd like to hear from everybody :grin:
So turn off the t.v., get off the couch, fire it up, and let's cook!!!
Don't forget the camera :grin:

I have a round top roast my wife picked up from BiLo`s here in Denmark , I am thinking about putting it in the smoker anybody got any ideas on this , it will be my first time trying this so I will take all the advice I can get?? As I have to work today, I will be smoking it Sunday!

for slicing, if you like it rare to med rare, remember you're going to pull it off much sooner than a butt or something. Get some good smoke around it and pull when the meat temps get to around 140...wrap in foil and let it rest. After a while, you'll have a delicious, smokey roast beef sammie!

Put a 10 lb. brisket and a 7.5 lb. butt on at 3:00am.
Not sure of the sides yet, maybe hushpuppies and baby spinach.
Sunny and near 60* today!!!!!

If it doesn't rain...I have some salmon to plank. Heading out to Solvang today and will have ableskievers. The usual tacos al pastor for lunch today and tomorrow.

Two seven pound brisket flats on at 6:30am Alaska Standard Time. The conditions are calm and +1*. Note to self, tongs get really cold when left outside at these temps.

Griff

Some kind of chicken on the kettle tomorrow. Larry put the idea into my head for roadside chicken and it's starting to take over my brain, so thats probably the way I'll go.

Got a late start but it don't matter. The fiancee's working most of tha day anyway. Gonna be a late meal.

6 racks of loin backs. Gonna take a little care pkg. to Mississippi next weekend.

6 home style ribs for a change and a smaller corned beef for a try at some pastrami.

Didn't get the camera battery batteries charged for b4 pics but should have some finished ones up.

Back
Top Bottom