what's cooking on the 4th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, starting Sunday I'm cooking for the CBJ school in Lake Placid. I've already cooked 4 briskets and 6 butts. Tonight I'm cooking 24 slabs ribs and 4 more very small flats.

Sunday is reheating and chicken day, 20 breasts, 30 legs and 90 thighs. I have a ton of help to do the 108 boxes.

On Monday I'm cooking 50 slabs ribs for the kids Q and then giving a cooking demonstration in the evening.

Then the easy part, a KCBS contest

Cliff H. said:
I was thinking about smoking some SPAM. Any thoughts ? Anyone from Hawaii ?
Maybe I will do some BB's incase the spam don't work out :grin:
Smoked Spam :-k
I have a can I think i'll give that a try :D

Rich Decker said:
Well, starting Sunday I'm cooking for the CBJ school in Lake Placid. I've already cooked 4 briskets and 6 butts. Tonight I'm cooking 24 slabs ribs and 4 more very small flats.

Sunday is reheating and chicken day, 20 breasts, 30 legs and 90 thighs. I have a ton of help to do the 108 boxes.

On Monday I'm cooking 50 slabs ribs for the kids Q and then giving a cooking demonstration in the evening.

Then the easy part, a KCBS contest

Well, if the judges are being trained on reheated Q I may have to change
my strategy :grin:
Certainly your KCBS turn-ins will be "fresh" though, right? LOL

Happy 4th of July Weekend to Everyone! Sounds like some terrific eating.

I'm fortunate enough to have Monday off so I'm going to prepare two Boston Butts, Lexington NC BBQ style and some chicken with a Honey, Sweet and Sour Sauce.

We're planning meals for Monday Night and Tuesday!

Enjoy the weekend!

Captain Morgan said:
Panther, do you make your own sauce? Care to share the recipe?

I like a pretty basic Lexington style sauce, a little on the sweet side, that I adapted for the BBQ pork and a pretty thick sauce for the chicken which I've altered during the last few years from the original for the chicken.

Yep, I make my own for both.

The butts thawed...

They went on the WSM at 7 am this morning, with the Stoker controlling the temperature. I'll probably freeze most of the results, and cook hot dogs and burgers tomorrow to use up the leftover lump.

I'm taking mac salad, abts and Rev Shrimp to a pool party. Host is
serving beef tenderloin and ribs that he is going to prepare in the crockpot!!! Seriously! I offered to cook em for them, but his wife said
just let it be.

Captain Morgan said:
serving beef tenderloin and ribs that he is going to prepare in the crockpot!!! Seriously! I offered to cook em for them, but his wife said
just let it be.
:eek: Sometimes You just have to go with the flow, Let me guess, Is there Knors onion soup mix involved? :grin:

Captain Morgan said:
just let it be.

It'll be fine, afterall it's free!! And you get to watch half naked women play in the pool! Drink heavily and they'll be the best ribs you've had! :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Captain Morgan":ii6309bb]I'm taking mac salad, abts and Rev Shrimp to a pool party. Host is
just let it be.

It'll be fine, afterall it's free!! And you get to watch half naked women play in the pool! Drink heavily and they'll be the best ribs you've had! :eek:[/quote:ii6309bb]

Take pics. We love da pics. 8-[

I'm doing chix ribs and Abts today, with a mix of cherry and hickory. I will be trying the Rev. Sauce on the Chicken.
Ribs in a Crock Pot? :ack: That's sounds like what passes as Q to most people around here. Cappy are you going to ask for the recipe? :razz: I bet it calls for a fair amount of Liquid Smoke. :grin:

wittdog said:
I'm doing chix ribs and Abts today, with a mix of cherry and hickory. I will be trying the Rev. Sauce on the Chicken.
Ribs in a Crock Pot? :ack: That's sounds like what passes as Q to most people around here. Cappy are you going to ask for the recipe? :razz: I bet it calls for a fair amount of Liquid Smoke. :grin:

Chicken ribs are the best! :grin: :lmao:
bonk.gif

Reminds of when we were living in an apartment, and the little neighbor kid came over and said whatcha cooking? I said ribs. He said Ah... chicken right?. I said ...Yeah. chicken ribs....nuttin better. 8-[ I thought that was pretty funny.

Captain Morgan said:

BBQ Chicken Honey Sauce

1 1/3 cups of Heinz Ketchup
1 tb of butter
2 tbs of honey
1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8 cup of Beer
1 clove of garlic crushed
Finely chopped green onions
1 tb of Worcestershire Sauce

Bring to boil, lower temp and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

Edited to correct the amount of Vinegar.

PantherTailgater said:
Captain Morgan said:

BBQ Chicken Honey Sauce

1 tb of butter
2 tbs of honey
1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8 cup of Beer

What kinda beer? Or is that the secret? :(

ScottyDaQ said:
PantherTailgater said:
Captain Morgan said:

BBQ Chicken Honey Sauce

1 tb of butter
2 tbs of honey
1/4 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1/8 cup of Beer

What kinda beer? Or is that the secret? :(

No Secret! Your favorite or the one you keep to serve uninvited quests! :D

Gotta' work tuesday half day, i'm [-o< I get home early enough to do some ribs [-o<

Wow, very good.

We served the BBQ pork with a sweet Lexington style sauce. It was so moist and pulled right off the bone.

Sides: I like a mixture between eastern and western NC style ->

BBQ Potatoes
Eastern Style Coleslaw
Thin and crispy cornbread

Good stuff folks!!!

PantherTailgater said:
Wow, very good.

We served the BBQ pork with a sweet Lexington style sauce. It was so moist and pulled right off the bone.

Sides: I like a mixture between eastern and western NC style ->

BBQ Potatoes
Eastern Style Coleslaw
Thin and crispy cornbread

Good stuff folks!!!
Would you mind explaining to us Yankess what a BBQ tater is and maybe being so kind as to post a recipe? [-o<

Back
Top Bottom