What's cookin' this weekend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
Hey Centralites what's cookin' this weekend?
I gotta' turkey thawing out for some Sunday smokin' with 8 in. of snow on the way tomorrow.
What's happening in your neck of the woods?
8)

I started with pizza and then did seafood gumbo for tomight and probable many days to come.

img_177217_0_114e8f96c8be887d549cba50cb2ad4de.jpg

img_177217_1_2a00865dc27d468341554b0b1ed09c74.jpg

img_177217_2_eb756c197576540d4feef4c6f5858667.jpg

Tonight I'm grillin a london broil with WRO on it and I'm not sure what were havin fer sides. On Sat I'll be smokin two cross rib roasts on the bottom rack, a rack of spares up top with some sausage and a cabbage....Puff style. The roasts I'll slice up for sammies and freeze some for later, the sausage is for a a snack and the ribs and cabby will be for dinner. Oh were also havin baked beans with trimmings from the spares added. Sunday I'm grillin up some hot wings fer the game. Go Chargers.

Doing some Sweet Bacon Chicken Wraps for our card club tomorrow night and I'm thinking of making a nice pot of Woodman's Pinto's for Sunday and watch a little football.

SWEET BACON CHICKEN WRAPS

INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

Yeild 12 to 15 appetizer servings

recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, Foodnetwork

These things are addicting.

Doin a chuck fer supper tammarraw night, a butt fer pullin an freezin, makin up a batch a chilli fer the weekend an ta freeze plus whoopin up a batch a granola cereal.

Freezin sleet last night an bout 2+ inchs a snow, got flurries right now, ain't sure what supposed ta be fer the weekend. I hate winter!

Bruce B said:
Doing some Sweet Bacon Chicken Wraps for our card club tomorrow night and I'm thinking of making a nice pot of Woodman's Pinto's for Sunday and watch a little football.

SWEET BACON CHICKEN WRAPS

INGREDIENTS

1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1 (1-pound) package sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes. Cut each bacon slice into thirds. Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick. Stir together brown sugar and chili powder. Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture. Coat a rack and broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken wrap on rack in broiler pan. Bake 350 for 30 to 35 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

Yeild 12 to 15 appetizer servings

recipe courtesy of Paula Deen, Foodnetwork

These things are addicting.

Did 'em three differant occasions over the holiday.. We mix blue cheese dressing with some apricot jelly for a dipping sauce..We also substitute Chipolte powder for the chili powder..

Did up 10lbs of Italian Sausage today...I'm going to cook some tomarow..have to let the spices get happy...
10lbs of Salami in the Smokehouse (Dry Cured)
15 lbs of Pep which will be cooked and ready to eat...don't want to wait for the dry cure and want to see what my results will be this way...

And I'm doing a bunch of Butts on the 22.5 WSM for work orders and to see how much I can get on it...

Picked up some baby backs and beef ribs on sale, plan to do 'em Sunday. One of the baby backs is for the neighbor who fed and littered our cat for 2+ weeks over the holidays.

--John

wittdog said:
Did up 10lbs of Italian Sausage today...I'm going to cook some tomarow..have to let the spices get happy...
10lbs of Salami in the Smokehouse (Dry Cured)
15 lbs of Pep which will be cooked and ready to eat...don't want to wait for the dry cure and want to see what my results will be this way...

And I'm doing a bunch of Butts on the 22.5 WSM for work orders and to see how much I can get on it...

Witt you are the king of the smoked Sausage :shock:

Well contrary to whut yall been doing I am hard at work trying to learn how to make milk outta Almonds. It suppose to cure whut ails a person etc. I had an old coach back in the late 60's who knew the most pizzenous substance on earth to human's is homo cows milk. Gives folks diabetes..cancers..rhumatiz and the worse of the Ritis Boys..who goes by the name of Arthur. From whut I can gather from Goggling all day is..it don't taste eggxactly like cow milk but is much mo flavorful. You can also make it out of pee cans..pistachios..cashews ..sunflower seeds etc. Now I did not hear em mention Hiclory Nuts for some reason. Got the Almonds soaking as we speak. That the first step. Should be something to be schecked out by all the chubby little diabetes type II boys who hang out on here whilst gorging themselves on hawg fat:)

bigwheel

If I can dodge the ran later today I will BBQ some chicken and pork finger with the Reverand Marvins, Mustard BBQ sauce I received from the head master of the site!!

RB I've neverput Mushrooms in Gumbo, but that looks good enough that I'll try next time, got me hungry!!

I’ve got 8 Butts…4 on each rack…totaling 65lbs of Pork in the Big WSM….there is a little more room then the pic shows….using lump and a mix of smokilicous cherry and hickory….

Also the pep has been incubating all night and now its time to bump the temp up to 165* it should be ready in 6-8 hours….

We are also making up a batch of Spicy German Mustard today
http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/viewtopic. ... an+mustard

I don't know yet.. My wife will tell me while we are walking throught the meat dept. at the grocery store.... :shock:

Back
Top Bottom