What's cookin' this weekend??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhh ok..gotcha. Sure Justeen understand who to blame on that deal. I have spent 40 years trying to help prevent a member of the weaker gender from doing odd stuff. It ain't neva worked that I can recall. Have learnt the best thang to do is to keep the mouf shut and let em do whut they want..then brag on whut a good idear it was. Person just have to work around the non good idears. Now me I love mushrooms..just neva heard of putting any in Gumbo. Sure somewhere on earth there is a recipe which calls for em to be in there. Author prob be from Wisconsin or Manysoto etc.

bigwheel

Bigwheel don't give Ron a hard time.........I have a buddy that puts mushrooms in chili, I swear! :LOL:

Gary in VA said:
Ya know Larry, I think Helen should buy us both plane tickets to CA so we can fly out there and put that thing together for her or she'll never get it out of the crate!

For the record, it's all uncrated. The Chargers are on now...so...uh yeah. But you can come out next weekend. We'll catch the Clippers game on Sat night and then Primo on Sunday :D

I am now accepting apps for a trophy husband...

Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Gary in VA":18179dt9]Ya know Larry, I think Helen should buy us both plane tickets to CA so we can fly out there and put that thing together for her or she'll never get it out of the crate!

For the record, it's all uncrated. The Chargers are on now...so...uh yeah. But you can come out next weekend. We'll catch the Clippers game on Sat night and then Primo on Sunday :D

I am now accepting apps for a trophy husband...[/quote:18179dt9]
Put him up on shelf to get dusty huh? ;)

Here is to pizzing off BW

Not only did the gumbo end up with mushrooms in it, the taco chili ended up with corn in it. AND, some stale white corn tortillas baked at 400 until crisp. Not the kind in a bag either.

img_177460_0_fb8b02adba74bc2cd7e8fec624429cc3.jpg

img_177460_1_1dfc9db1d5e861b3817c56e7097373cd.jpg

I would hurt myself eating bowls of that chili.....wait I just did, the wife made some chili tonight and by the time I was going to take some pics, my granddaughter ate the last of it!! Didn't have corn in it but that sounds like something that could go in there and be good!!

Well yeppers...and I am real unsurpised that Larry got chums/kin who put shrooms in chili :LOL:
I keep telling folks the coonasses is on the W. Bank of the Sabine and the dumbasses hang out on the other :shock: That phenomenon normally skip Louisiana and Tennessee (Thanks to Davvy Crocket and Jim Bowie) then it heads straight to the Ocean and skips that and lands in Europe. Now no..it also just strikes a glancing blow on Missippii GA Alabammy and Florodiddy. Now where the Old Dominion State fit in here..I aint quite sure. I think they have good ham or something...relying on the 5th Grade Geography Class of course:)

bigwheel

BayouChilehead said:
Larry Wolfe said:
Bigwheel don't give Ron a hard time.........I have a buddy that puts mushrooms in chili, I swear! :LOL:

Now that ain't right!!

ronbeaux50 said:
Here is to pizzing off BW

Not only did the gumbo end up with mushrooms in it, the taco chili ended up with corn in it. AND, some stale white corn tortillas baked at 400 until crisp. Not the kind in a bag either.

img_177511_0_fb8b02adba74bc2cd7e8fec624429cc3.jpg

img_177511_1_1dfc9db1d5e861b3817c56e7097373cd.jpg

Man that looks good.

i did strip steak

I cooked the mushrooms in olive oil along with some of the Ithaca nut brown ale, Montréal steak seasoning and paprika. Green Beans and potatoes are left overs the wife had cooked.

Puff said:
Helen_Paradise said:
[quote="Gary in VA":345u1hys]Ya know Larry, I think Helen should buy us both plane tickets to CA so we can fly out there and put that thing together for her or she'll never get it out of the crate!

I am now accepting apps for a trophy husband...
Put him up on shelf to get dusty huh? ;)[/quote:345u1hys]

LMAO

I did a pot of chili yesterday afternoon. It only simmered about 1 1/2 hrs before we had supper, so it was still a little "green." The pic is of the 2 qts remaining, which has been fridge-matured. Next day is always better.

jan16-09chili.jpg

--John
(But it was still plenty good last night.)

Much more of these close up shots of yankme chili is fixing to make me start puking. Hope yall get a kick out of it :cry:

bigwheel

They both look damn good to this Yankee.

(I'm sure there will be a 40 paragraph excuse why he has no pics John. ;) )
Excuses.........
1. Don't want to get high dollar camera all greezy.
2. (Please fill in someone)

Well think I'm fixing to fire up the gasser for some boudan but in the meantime figgered that be too much trouble..so it heating itself up in a cast iron skillet on the stove. I know I have preached this brand on other occasions..but it called "Holmes Smokehouse" made in Texas of course. If you ever bump into the Pee Can Smoked version betta grab some. The Original version is whut I got..it mo betta than anything else on the shelf but not as good as the Pee Can smoked version..which I aint seen none lately. Maybe they gave up on making it. Who knows? Now I would take a pic of all this stuff but I aint got a clue to where the camera photograhpica is located and the Warden is taking a nap. Can't very well wake her up on this kinda light weight deal. Now if the house was on fire..I might consider rousing her.

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom