Whatcha cookin this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went to see Star Wars on Saturday, skipped lunch to go to a matinee. When we got home, I fired up the grill and cooked a pork tenderloin that had been marinating for about 24 hours (don't ask me what my wife put in the marinade, except I know there was plenty of garlic). We ate that with rice and a salad - just a simple summertime meal. Later that evening we went to visit my wife's sister - called her up, found out they were on their way to a neighbor's annual pig pickin' and "why don't you just come along with us?" We did. Pulled pork with an eastern-NC type sauce, baked beans, slaw, a lot of other things I skipped, strawberry pie and banana pudding for dessert. The cookout was held at an old water-powered mill that the neighbor is slowly restoring. All in all, not bad for a June weekend.

Here in Bradenton we're having Ribs a la Airboss. The neighbors are all suffering as the aroma of my hickory smoked pork smothers their lousy hot dogs. "I'm the king of the world!"

GlennR said:
Pork chops and grilled sweet potato slices on my new (previously owned) Weber Kettle tonite. Playing golf and making beer tomorrow since I'm off work. Likely to do a prime rib on tuesday.

I got a pair of OXO Salad/herb spinners for fathers day. They rock! Also got breakfast in bed this AM-Pancakes with Peach Habanero TPJ and hot coffee! It's a much better life than I deserve!

You forgot to mention that breakfast in bed was served by three adoring, beautiful girls.

TexLaw said:
We got fancy and grilled some ribeyes. We had some sauteed crimini mushrooms, roasted fresh corn on the cob, a baby arugula and baby spinach salad, and a nice German dunkel on the side. It was a good meal.

TL

Sounds like all you need to complete that is a couch !

Back
Top Bottom