What is your Favorite Cookbook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chris Finney said:
Hey... what's wrong with me? :?
I was young... hot...
Dare I say it? ... Sexy :shock: ...
:-D funny guy Chris. Thinking about your avatar, dude, beggars can't be choosers and with a face like that you'll be lucky if you don't die a virgin! :smt044

BBQ USA

My favorite BBQ book is the one I received the other night BBQ USA by
Steve Raichlen. Now in the past I haven't been the biggest Raichlen fan (a little too artsy fartsy yuppie style type of BBQ for me) but in this book he gets it right. Warning this book is a monster at almost 800 pages. Great history on the history of BBQ and I know that this might get some people upset but Steve considers grilling to be BBQ, and after much thought I agree with him (as long as its cooking with a wood source). According to Steve Grilling and Smoking are subsets of BBQ but many regions of the country will disagree with this. Sorry I am getting off the subject.

This book has recipes from all regions of the country with special articles on famous and out of the way BBQ joints. Steve even discusses grilling ribs (one of my personal favorites) and gives a best guess approximation of what the secret receipe for Rendezvous famous dry ribs in Memphis is. This book has it all pork, beef, fish, veggies, even bbq desert. Also great discussions on differents types of equipement and how to modify the cooking for the differences in equipment. Most of this book is geared again to using a grill but Steve tells how to use your grill as a smoker too. All thre recipes are from the Good ol USA as the name implies.

Take a look at it. It's even better than the BBQ Bible. This book is to grilling what Smoke & Spice is to low and slow BBQ.

Here is the link:

Amazon Link

I've got to agree Neil, Legends of Texas BBQ is a great book! My favorite cookbooks are those that share a bit of history with the reader and this book is like a trip back thru time.

Kloset

Back
Top Bottom