What is it??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I bought some cast iron cookware off Craig's List a while back and the guy threw in a bunch of other gadgets. This was one of them.
I've had it 6 mos. and just yesterday learned what ity is from an old BBQ book. It's stainless steel and hollow in the middle.
Anyone else know what it is?

img_184123_0_dcd7a1cfb527a9b7f613e8e907574ae7.jpg

img_184123_1_f0937e041c441b6bcd03334656b32964.jpg

Looks like an old fashioned giant sized cheese/vegetable grater (Old School Food processor). Be careful with your knuckles!

It's a toaster, for making toast on a grill or even over the coals of a campfire.

We used one to make toast over the campfire when I was a Boy Scout. Sure added a little "extra" at breakfast time.

BOB
PS...I want one! Anybody know where I can find one nowdays? I'll bet Bass Pro or Cabella's

Bob In Fla. said:
It's a toaster, for making toast on a grill or even over the coals of a campfire.

We used one to make toast over the campfire when I was a Boy Scout. Sure added a little "extra" at breakfast time.

BOB
PS...I want one! Anybody know where I can find one nowdays? I'll bet Bass Pro or Cabella's

I know a guy in Michigan that has one! :LOL:

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Bob In Fla.":cd0mjpr3]BOB

I know a guy in Michigan that has one! :LOL:[/quote:cd0mjpr3]
:LOL: :roll: ;) :?

Think he'd sell? I bet just the postage would be the killer. :cry:

BOB

Bob and Nick are right it's a toaster. I ran across a Better Homes and Garden Barbecue book (1965 :shock: ) and there was a picture of it in there.
Pretty wild contraptions from that era. Pretty wacked out cooking techniques too. Lots of lighter fluid talk. :shock:

Bob In Fla. said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":1kmhg03t][quote="Bob In Fla.":1kmhg03t]BOB

I know a guy in Michigan that has one! :LOL:[/quote:1kmhg03t]

BOB[/quote:1kmhg03t]
How about a little trade.
Some nicley seasoned orange wood from Floda would be nice. ;)

Puff said:
Bob In Fla. said:
[quote="Kloset BBQR":38j8b4q9][quote="Bob In Fla.":38j8b4q9]BOB

I know a guy in Michigan that has one! :LOL:

BOB[/quote:38j8b4q9]
How about a little trade.
Some nicley seasoned orange wood from Floda would be nice. ;)[/quote:38j8b4q9]

Where might that be? :oops: :shock: :LOL: ;)

No, it aint no toaster, its one of them things you put in a bucket and soak the mop in before you clean the floor. :LOL: :LOL: :shock:

Back
Top Bottom