What are you bbQing this weekend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Ok so what is everyone up to?

Doing a chicken practice this weekend, some ribs and a couple of fatties. Also going to work on the desert category for Oink. Have to give a rib class to some friends on Sunday. I exchanged a rib class for my laptop to be repaired. :)

Brisket and ribs on the WSM.....The brisket was one that didn't make the comp cut....and we've got the rib comp next weekend...guess I should learn how to cook ribs on the WSM....

On a side note...we are doing an "endless summer" here cooloer is loading up with bev and ice we are going to set the tent up in the back yard and have a fire in the fire pit tonight....and let the boys got to sleep whenever they want...oh yeah..we will be spending most of the day in the neighbors pool...its finally hot and not raining...

That sounds like a fun time Witt.

I started with fajitas last night and got ribs on today for lunch. Then it's chicken practice.
img_162956_0_e24f6f6274523745656fbcf456c26921.jpg

I've got a couple of butts I might start thawing for sometime next week. Meanwhile, I need to go to the store to find something to do this weekend. :oops:

--John

Ribs are done and history;

img_162984_0_8f5f30e5c18e435261d1fcda3986ff56.jpg

Served up with some plum mators and some tator salad.
img_162984_1_4b43dfac1408a6a3b013aab85f4b956f.jpg

FIL showed up with a roast and a big hound dog look, sooo.

Fired it up with my cast pot for a little roast action. Seasoned it up with S&P&G and a few herbs(oregano, thyme, basil) and while it was searing saute'd some onion in a little oil. Then dumped in the broth for the roast to sit in until it's time for the veggies.

img_162984_2_05de2e0b733d10ed1279564b33acb5b7.jpg

img_162984_3_8dd8627f8cca2d5e1a1632e7285e1a32.jpg

Chicken is next........

Nice looking bones Ron….
Mine are done as well…I think this is the 2nd time of done them on the WSM….they didn’t stick around long….the better part of 3 racks of ribs…gone….D had 7 bones….

And a couple of Rootbeers….straight out the bottle BOY

I decided to foil the brisket….

Foiled and moved the brisket to the top grate…added some Mac and Cheese (Frozen from the store) and a couple of potatoe packets to the bottom grate…..
Oh yeah and some deviled eggs are also on the menu 8)
Should make for an interesting time in the tent tonight....BBQ Beer and Deviled Eggs :oops:

Brisket is done..came out pretty good….Some of the brisket juice landed on the mac and cheese….talk about real good stuff….If there is any burnt ends left…I think they might go into some crock pot chilli….I’m stuffed…now its some much deserved hammock and fire time…

Do look mighty tasty. Think I put my brisket cooking off till tomorrow. Got one of the youngest of the grandchillins named Tanner Bo Wheeler who be celebrating turning 5 years old. Thought I would electrocute one of them .99 Kroger briskets in his honor...have a little sweet beans and birthday cake for dessert. Maybe a piss chunk..who knows? As long as we don't run out of beer and whiskey I can survive. Country boys can survive according to Hank Jr. ya know?

bigwheel

Its true. I got too bad of a memory to make a good liar. Sides each time I lie I break out laughing and that gives it away for sure. Now I can eggxagerate ok for some reason.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Its true. I got too bad of a memory to make a good liar. Sides each time I lie I break out laughing and that gives it away for sure. Now I can eggxagerate ok for some reason.

bigwheel
8)

Back
Top Bottom