What a score

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I stopped by this lumber yard outside of town today to see if the guy there had any hickory for sale. He sells a cord of hickory for $140. Now thats not a bad price for split hickory.

Then the guy asks me if I had any use for this:

Seems they do a lot of plaining down of cherry wood. He aked if I knew anyone who may be interested in cherry saw dust. Anyone out there looking for some?

Big Mike said:
Bill, would sawdust really do any good? I would think it would just burn up too fast.

Works great on the WSM's. I mixed up some from another place last time I did jerkey and it smoked all day. I dont think it would do in a stick burner. Anyone who has one of those lectric smokers or gas smokers use saw dust all the time.

Big Mike said:
Bill, would sawdust really do any good? I would think it would just burn up too fast.

Mike, you can extend the burn time of the saw dust by making tight foil packet and poking 1 or 2 holes in it. Then place that right on top of the lit coals and it will burn for about 15 minutes or so.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
[quote="Diva Q":ujm2jjfn]Awesome score Bill.

Works great on the wsms for sure!!!!

Well done.

I'll bring ya some up Diva.[/quote:ujm2jjfn]

When should I expect you and the family ????

Dinner for Sunday?? LOL

Would love to but I think we will be heading back over the boarder after the falls. Thanks for the offer. We will see ya at the Oink though. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Would love to but I think we will be heading back over the boarder after the falls. Thanks for the offer. We will see ya at the Oink though. ;)

Well that sounds good too.

just in case IF you get lost and head North just look for the smoke signals it will my house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom