Well, I tried to bbq a brisket again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfinsapo

Master Chef
This time had amazing results after all my good friends here at BBQ Central helped me out. Here's what I did. Low-n-Slow, 8.5 lb trimmed brisket that was very flexable. Cooked at 215 degrees for 10 hours. Let it rest. Then I cut into that baby and...OMG, it is sooooo good.. Thanks for all the help everyone. this is a great forum and yall are great people. Happy Fathers Day.... :D

That looks good from this end. Did you foil it ? What temp did you pull it at ? What kind of rub did you use ? Did you smoke fat up or down ?

We have to know these things. :D

Cliff H. said:
That looks good from this end. Did you foil it ? What temp did you pull it at ? What kind of rub did you use ? Did you smoke fat up or down ?

We have to know these things. :D
Foiled it after I took it out to rest. Didn't use a probe, just went by time. Didn't smoke it at all. Used hard wood charcoal to one side of my Kamado. I put a slight coat of mustard then Adam's Brisket Rub on it. After 2 hours fat down, I sopped it every once in awhile on both sides. The sop was JB's special with alittle vinegar to make it thinner. I guess patience and practice is the trick. Also having cool people here on bbq-central coaching and not criticizing helps alot.

007bond-jb said:
JBs special? I guess I'm gettin old whats that?. Looks fine SS-427
Alittle of dis and alittle of dat measured presicely,,, :idea: brown sugar,moostard, Lea & Perines..with vinegar to thin it...I just used it as a sop and it worked perfect...The brisket is good cold too like lunch meat with a sweet bark...

Do look mighty tasty. I aint a big fan of warming stuff to death at 215 but as long as you like it thats whut counts. Right?

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Do look mighty tasty. I aint a big fan of warming stuff to death at 215 but as long as you like it thats whut counts. Right?

bigwheel

Right!!.. I just did it to see if I could... I'm into steaks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom