Weekend Cook 8/4-8/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have my 18" Weber kettle, my crab pot, shrimp pot and my turkey cooker in the truck. Heading for the beach for a week and plan on eating crabs and shrimp until I bust. :LOL:

As far as "how we do things here" we are all a bunch of Missfit Qers. There is no norm, no way to do things, just post as you see fit. Just dont forget the pics. (No pics, no cooks) ;)

smellthatsmoke said:
I'm just wondering if you guys post your upcoming weekend cooks on this forum anywhere?
Other forums I have been on did this on one thread and I Liked the idea.

I'm not sure how you guys do things yet...still a newbie round here. ;)

We've done it in the past and on other boards that I belong to do it every week! It's a great idea!!!

I'm doing spare ribs on Sunday and I'm not sure what we're cooking Saturday! What's everyone else cooking???

Chicken chicken and more chicken. I am so sick of chicken [smilie=rlp_smilie_178.gif]

A couple of racks of ribs and some burnt ends. My butcher didn't get his weekly brisket order instead they sent him 150 packages of the brisket point only. He isn't impressed. So I figure I will make some burnt ends with the point.

Briskets on now, turkey legs, chicken wings, rib tips and sausage for vending gig tomorrow..

Once I get home off to a party at friend's for Greek food.

Jim

3 racks of baby backs on Sunday. Vintage car show on Saturday in my town, probably just do up some good ol' American hot dogs on the grill when I get home.

Got a 6# butt, lemon n garlic marinated turkey log (something different) and some double smoked sausages, will be doing a couple of my italian fatties later. [smilie=a_bravo.gif]
Oh ya, beans n coleslaw to wrap it all up!!

Bbq Bubba said:
Got a 6# butt, lemon n garlic marinated turkey log (something different) and some double smoked sausages, will be doing a couple of my italian fatties later. [smilie=a_bravo.gif]
Oh ya, beans n coleslaw to wrap it all up!!
Lookin' good Bubba. What's this turkey log you speak of? 8)

Hey Puff, It's one of those Jenny-o turkey rolls from Kroger's, looks like the breast and some other parts rolled into a log and marinated.....it was 2 for 1, what the hell!! 8)

Turkey roll at 160*, gonna rest, family is starving! Butt at 154*, foiling at 160 and taking to 200ish

turkey roll was pretty good! Got a nice smoke ring and great flavor, still moist (mesquite/cherry mix)

I got blindsided today. Just looking for some meat to cook for a practice chili run (Wisp Resort ICS next Saturday), and ended up with 20 lbs of whole tri-tip, 8 lbs of pork ribs (like those at our June get toghether...ribs and brisket attached) and a big beef brisket. I'm doing the beef brisket now. will put the ribs on in the morning and some fatties for breakfast. The tri-tip will soley stay away from the WSM since I'd like to keep my chili test mimic my cook-off next week. Will float the pork brisket for some flavor, per Bill's suggestion. So its on you Bill. If it's 'too smoky' and that loses it for me, then you know who i'll blame :) If I win, I'll give you credit. Well, Amy will have to. She's the 'official cook' so she gets all the glamor or shame. I'll start a new thread for my pics and posts on this first beef brisket. Dang...beer is just hitting me now. better stop typing before the typos start kicking in :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom